Thursday, May 29, 2014

We had such a great day with the family Monday. I love being a mom but being a gram is so much more fun. When you have your kids there is so much to do. You need to cook, clean, do laundry, run errands, take the kids to all their practices and games, doctor and dentist appts. and all the things needed to raise a family. With grandkids all you need to do is spend quality time with them. I love doing that. Our two oldest had their boyfriend and girlfriend over along with the family. What great kids they are too. My dil fixed a great meal and we ate outside in gorgeous weather. I wish we could do that every weekend! I gave the girls Scrub Daddy's a while back and they love them. If you haven't seen them they are little happy face sponges that are soft when warm and hard when cold. You can clean most everything with them. The girls love them and want more. I've only seen them in Walmart and on QVC but they are so cute sitting on your sink or in the bathroom. I want one for the dog stuff and also in the garage.


 My son gave me a keyboard to plug into my laptop and I can't tell you how happy that has made me. Obviously I cannot type on the keyboard of a laptop. The keys are so close together and I keep messing up. This is so much better and as you can see I am going on and on. My next issue is that I follow blogs on google chrome. The name is on the top of the computer and when I click on it the list drops down. After I get through part of the list I have to wait until it scrolls down every single time. Is this clear? It takes forever and I wonder if that is the only way to read the blogs. When I used Internet Explorer the list was just right there for me to go back and forth. The list stayed open. If there is a trick to it and anyone knows I would be thrilled if you could share it. I am posting a card today that we made in SU workshop. I have two girlfriend birthdays in June so this is perfect.  Have a great day and be kind to one another.

7 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with your family, Brenda!! I've never heard of Scrub Daddies before--they sound great. I'll have to keep my eyes open for those the next time I'm at WalMart! I LOVE your pretty card for today. It's so classy!! This will be perfect for a girlfriend's birthday. They will feel so spoiled with such a lush handmade card!! Have an awesome day!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks for reminding me, must put it on the list of things to get from Walmart. I watched Shark Tank and the guy that invented Scrub Daddies was on talking about them and how his company is doing really good since he was on Shark Tank.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with family. I never had any kids to raise, so being a mom and grandma are a bit foreign to me. Husband never wanted any. But now I wish we had had some, cause I can see it will be mighty lonely as I get older and he is not around. Yep, we made our bed of roses, now we have to lay in it.

I had google chrome with my old XP computer....did not like it. Only went to it when going on Etsy and posting my blogs. Was so confusing. Had to always remember where I could do things. Don't use Google Chrome now. Not much help to you.

Brenda said...

You are so right about the differences in being a parent and a grandparent Brenda! I love being able to just spend quality time with the grandkids, I also like that I don't have to be doing anything else but enjoying them. lol I have never heard of these scrub daddies, but I watched the video and boy am I love them!!! I will be ordering them for sure. This is another thing I love about blogging, I learn about so much that can make my life a little easier! Love, love your card Brenda! Is that a new embossing folder on the background from SU or is it just paper? It looks like an embossing folder and I am loving it. I also love that flower too. It sure is a grand birthday card!! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Beautiful, feminine card, Brenda! How neat to have a family day!

MaryH said...

Hi Brenda, finally got round to pay a little visit, and I'm so loving that card. The color you choice is gorgeous with the pretty stamp, and I'm so happy for you that you've found a good group to enjoy some stamping time. (Wish I could!). Enjoyed reading about your quality family time. That always refreshes the soul. Agree with you on the laptop keyboards, I have the same problem. I did get a wireless mouse to use with mine, as my fingers didn't like the scroll thing-y that comes on the keyboard. Good for you on having a sweet son to help you out with the kboard. TFS & Hugs

Marybeth said...

I agree being a grandma is the best , but so is being a mom… I agree! Your card is stunning Brenda! You should see if there is a challenge you could enter this one is… it's a winner!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's always fun to visit you Brenda, not just for the cards - and today's is a stunner! - but also for snippets of your life. It sounds as if you have a great family! Vicky x