Thursday, May 1, 2014

Boy do we have some chilly weather today. Windy and cold, but no rain. I feel so bad for the whole east coast who are getting battered.  My sister in law and I went out on Tuesday and while driving we saw a new store called antiques and she wanted to stop. So we turned around and went back. SIL found two pictures she really liked and purchased them. I found this great white drawer unit sitting right out in front of the store on the sidewalk for $20. Can you believe it! Now you all know as a stamper we can't pass up drawers! I could picture all my single stamps nestled right in those drawers. We did move it around quite a bit. We put it in SIL's car, got back to her house and put it in my car. When I got home, I started taking out the drawers so I could lift it out of the trunk. I look over and hubby is putting the drawers back in as I'm taking them out! He didn't understand what I was trying to do. It took a lot of rearranging to put it where I wanted it in my craft room but I finally got it there. That caused me to rearrange the closet too, so that was a bonus.  Don't look at all the surrounding stuff that's just put on the floor. It doesn't have a new place yet. So needless to say, I didn't make any cards  but I did fix up the room and change things around. Based on previously posted days that means I won't be able to find things when I do make a card! The best thing to do is take pictures as you go along moving things around so you know where they are! Be kind to one another.


5 comments:

Di said...

Wow Brenda - what a find!! Well done you lucky lady. I did giggle about hubby putting the drawers back in as fast as you'd taken them out :)

I love to read how folk arrange their craft goodies. Maybe I should have a 'show us your snippets' week!

Have fun!

Hugs, Di xx

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Now that is a good find. Sometimes it's a good thing to reorganize the card stuff. Keeps us on our toes. I was hoping to get your gift out, but it might be this weekend.....been working on cards for Hospice, the meeting is tomorrow, after that I can concentrate on getting your gift out. Have a good day!!

MaryH said...

WooHoo to YOU! Great find, and that is a perfect little table to store stamps, watercolors or ink supplies, or just whatever you may need to put in it. Looks like it's in great condition, and that was one super buy. Glad you & SIL got out for a fun time. Happy Weekend, off to enjoy earlier posts. Hugs (oh I just viewed the pre-class videos of W/Color. Found out my friend Gloria is signed up for the class too.)

Darnell said...

Oh, lucky you, Brenda! I am a sucker for drawers, too, and just love these IKEA white ones! (I'm sorry, but I did chuckle at poor you trying to take the drawers out while hubs was putting them back in. You are right, you definitely have to keep your sense of humor!) Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

OMGosh Brenda, I'd die if I found a table like this with all these drawers!!! You are so lucky, but I'm glad that you found it!! I love, love this and talk about storage, oh yes-you got a fabulous find at a fabulous price! I had to laugh at hubby putting the drawers back in, bless his heart he was trying. lol Hugs