Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yesterday didn't go so well in the water color class. I made the first two cards and discovered that I am not good at freehand art. I am still going to try again though. I didn't get out to the hardware store because the weather turned so windy and cold with hard rain again.  That is the nice thing about being retired. If something happens today you can always do it tomorrow if it isn't urgent. So I ended up working on my cards. I did have to stop and make a birthday card for a girlfriend. No water color on it though. I may not go out again today. I am so spoiled since I retired! It is very cold and windy and some light fog from all the rain yesterday.

I am so happy to welcome two new followers of my blog today. Greta of http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/.  She has the most adorable new little dog, Fritz. Also welcome Shirley. Her blog is http://cardartetc.blogspot.com/. I'm so happy to have you both visit me. I hope all the people in San Diego and surrounding areas are okay. The wildfires are so terrible. I think Mother Nature is going through menopause. She sure is having some issues. Wildfires, mud slides, earthquakes, flooding, extreme rain, hail and wind along with tornadoes, drought and even snow in May.

Here is my card for today. The top paisley paper is very glittery but it doesn't show up in the picture. I also added a dot of glitter in the center of each flower stem. I am happy I used two patterned papers together.  They are from DCWV glossy glitter pack called The Whimsy mat stack. It is so pretty. The image is Stampin Up. Be kind to one another.


5 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thanks for the lovely card today...it was a pleasant surprise.

Brenda said...

This is a pretty card Brenda! I love those papers you used, that's a stack I guess I haven't seen yet. I do get spoiled and don't go out if the weather isn't fit and it's not been fit all the time around here either. We are in for some storms tonight with flooding. Yes, I think too that Mother Nature is going through something! lol The weather has been crazy all over the world. I'm glad that you haven't given up on the freehand stuff for water coloring. Just keep persisting and you will win out! Hugs

Darnell said...

I think I might have that paper pack. This is a wonderful card, Brenda! I love the ricrac and the sweet flower panel popped up. I'm seeing everyone whining about the freehand class days. I haven't done Day Five yet, so I'm a long way from trying it and I am very intimidated!! But, hey, who's looking, right! LOL! Keep at it, my friend. It's all fun! I hope your weather does calm down. I agree with you about the menopause! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Darnell is right. Keep at it . The most important thing is to have fun so don't beat yourself up over it. I have only just found the time to look at the 1st days videos so I am even more way behind. Hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! Those papers are so neat & go perfectly with those sweet flowers!