Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Busy weekend but we got lots of things done. Our sons came Sunday and really worked hard. They got two bushes out in front and two weird tree like things that started growing by the house in the back. We can't get flowers to grow in this hard clay like dirt but all kinds of weeds and unknown things pop right up! They changed the bulbs in the fixture over the kitchen table but the lights wouldn't come on. My BIL is coming today with a ballast (?) and a new switch because something else is wrong. They also removed the caulk around the kitchen sink that was cracking but there is such a gap of almost an inch so we have to fill that first before re caulking. Then they did several house things that were not necessary but made me feel so happy. Hubby followed the boys around and just stood there as they did things.  That's so hard for the boys to see. Their strong hardworking dad so reduced to not knowing what is going on. Usually when they are here we are all sitting around talking so this was new to them. They really hadn't seen him like that.

 I haven't done my homework for day 11  and the bonus day. I'm hoping after BIL leaves today I can get it done. I have made a birthday card for my girlfriend and a graduation card for my grandson's girlfriend. The graduation is Friday so I needed to get cracking.  I have seen a lot of the homework of the ladies that took the watercolor class and it is beautiful. Everyone has done such a good job. Be kind to one another.



5 comments:

Colleen said...

Two nice cards, Brenda. I especially like the first one, the embossed background looks fabulous. so happy your sons came to help around the house...and even if their father is not the person he once was, it is nice to have these memories...I am sure they cherish them!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

I really like that butterfly card, must put it in my memory of cards to make. The graduation card is really neat too. It's really hard to watch a family member's health dwindle...But God gives grace to go through it.

Brenda said...

Love your birthday card Brenda! That is so pretty and so feminine and I know your girlfriend is going to cherish it because you made it special for her!! I also love the grad card, it looks like you personalized it with the school's name, how fun and special! I'm glad your son's got a lot done around the house for you. I know what you mean about clay ground as that is what we have and yes, you can't get things to grow but dang if those weeds know that as they grow in any kind of soil! lol I'm sure it is very hard for your sons to see their father unable to do much. They are used to him being the rock who did it all. I know my boys were the same way when they learned of his cancer. It's a tough one for sure. Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

Two more great cards, Brenda! I haven't seen you over to my place for a while and I needed to come catch up with you and see how your boys did last weekend. I'm so happy that they took care of lots of things you were hoping would get done and even bonus things!! I'm sure it must have been hard for you to see how hard it was for your sons to see their father's condition. Life is hard. I'm glad you have your art to lighten the load. Big hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh wow--I totally love that pink card, Brenda--gorgeous! So glad your sons could get things done for you. Dementia is so cruel--I see it a lot at work & the toll it takes on families. Hugs from Oregon.