Sunday, May 25, 2014

It's race day here in Indy. There is so much excitement in our city for the month of May. The parade yesterday was fantastic with all the floats and drivers. It is almost as big as the race. We have one female driver, Pippa, who is driving the Susan G. Komen car. It's hard to pick a winner because the drivers are great. We have a warm sunny day, not too hot for the tires and no rain. The Snakepit Ball last night drew some celebrities and gorgeous gowns. Jim Nabors is saying goodbye after singing "Back Home Again in Indiana" for the last time. Mark Cuban (an IU graduate)  is waving the green flag to start the race. So I'm hoping for a safe race today. I am so happy Dario is okay and sad not to see him racing but he is still a huge part of the racing team.  I love when they do the fly over before the race. That is thrilling. My favorite is Helio.

Today's card is from a workshop using the fringe scissors. I love that polka dot paper in all the colors. The scissors make it so quick to fringe paper.  The watercolor class is over. It has brought a new way of card making to me and I love it. I signed up to do the pattern paper class. It is nice to just go and view all the videos at once if you want to. I'm not good at using patterns together but it is helpful to see how others do little tricks to make it work.  There are always tips and the best one is to store your 6 x 6 packs upside down. Then you can just flip through the packs and see what you want. Be kind to one another and have a great weekend.



6 comments:

Marybeth said...

Wow, sure sounds like exciting times, how wonderful to be a part do it all! I know what you mean about the fly over, always makes me so proud .
Beautiful polka dot fringe card,too cute and happy. Hope you enjoy your week.

Darnell said...

That's an adorable card, Brenda! I love anything polka dots. Good for you to sign up for another class! They really are the fantastic. I hope the race went well. (I totally thought it was today, darn it!) Hugs, Darnell

Joni Andaya said...

What a FUN card Brenda...Love this :)

Cathy said...

Hope you had a great race day, sounds very exciting! Love this fringy card, very effective, Cathy x

Brenda said...

Oh race day! I bet it was a thrilling day for all!! I have been on the track of Indy and loved it, then hubby and I came through and stopped and he got to go out on the track and he loved, loved it. To bad I didn't know you then Brenda cause we would have stopped by to say hello!! I am loving this card for sure! The bright colors and those polka dots make it so fun and cheery. I have so wanted those fridge scissors but never buy them because I think "now what would I use them for?" lol I love how you have used them on this card. Reminds me of hula skirts. lol Yep this is a great card! Now I'm interested to see what you learn about using pattern paper! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

I wondered where you lived in Indiana. I was born at Methodist Hospital & my folks were both from Indy! I cry every time Jim Nabors sings Back Home Again in Indiana--won't be the same without him. My grandfather worked at the 500 in the concessions when he was young. I would love to see a parade & the race--on my bucket list! Your card is charming! Think I may need to get some fringe scissors.