Monday, December 24, 2018

Santa is almost here

It's here, Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas. What we have been getting ready for and we won't have to wait long now. I am feeling so well and ready for my family this afternoon. I'm excited to see everyone open their gifts but this year I'm just as excited to have the grands open their cards. I think they will get such a kick out of them. We all have the same sense of humor, warped as it is! The boyfriend and girlfriend of the oldest grands are coming too and below are the cards I made them. Not puns though.

This card is pattern paper with snowflakes and a die cut from Poppy Stamps. The house is a die also from IO. I added stickles for snow and yellow card stock for light behind the windows. I added stickles for glow from the windows.


This is the boyfriend card made with a background die from Hero Arts and a die cut from Memory Box. I embossed the reindeer with SU copper e/p, then with Stampendous aged copper embossing enamel. Love how it turned out.


Have a great Christmas Eve.


Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Carol L said...

How wonderful that you're feeling well and able to enjoy having your family visit for Christmas! What great cards you've made for them too and they're sure to be cherished and appreciated. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and continued good health!

Lisa said...

They're both so beautiful!! I'm so glad you are feeling much better, Brenda. Enjoy the time with your family!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!! Christmas hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mrs A. said...

Two more super cards. Here are some more jokes to tell your Grandkids.
Why is your nose in the middle of your face? Because it's the scenter.
What do you call a horse that moves around a lot? Unstable.
What rhymes with orange. No it doesn't.
I used to have a job collecting leaves. I was raking it in.
Hugs and wishing you a great time. Mrs A.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Merry Christmas Brenda. You sure are making some great cards. Have a wonderful day with your family and enjoy!!!

Christine Alexander said...

Great news Brenda, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I bet everyone loves their cards, have a great Christmas Christine

LesleyG said...

Have a lovely Christmas xxx

Bonnie said...

So glad you are feeling better and excited to be together with family and friends! I'm sure the grands and their friends will love their cards and enjoy the time with you and your family! Have a Merry Christmas, my friend!

Maria said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling better! Your cards are lovely. Love the house die and tree die against the pretty background! And, the deer card is awesome embossed in copper! Have a wonderful time with family! Merry Christmas!

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas Brenda!!!! So happy to hear you are feeling better Brenda. Love both of these cards, the house one is so cute, who is IO for the house die? I'm into house dies for whatever reason, and I would love to live out in the middle of now where in that little house. lol And I love the buck card, perfect for the boyfriend of your granddaughter. So masculine and perfect. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards Brenda. Merry Christmas to you too.

Darnell said...

I'm sure the boyfriend and girlfriend felt very special to be included in your card gift-giving, Brenda! They are both beautiful cards! I'm so glad you are feeling well and I hope that continued over into today! Merry Christmas, my sweet and warped friend! Takes one to know one! Neener-neener-neener!! Love, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

I am so very glad that you are feeling so much better. Wonderful cards and you sure look like you loved making them x. Marry Christmas my blog friend x