Friday, December 21, 2018

No pun today

This is the card I made for my other daughter in law. She is more traditional so this is not a pun. I used Kaiser Kraft pattern paper with a gold script and added an embellishment from Stampin Up. Then cut a gold tree with an older Sizzix steel die, a fat one. I decorated the tree with sequins.  The script says Peace, Hope and Celebrate so I didn't think I needed a sentiment. 

The thing about Predisone that I'm taking is it keeps me awake. I am getting lots done but kind of dragging along. I got up this morning at 3:50 am with a croupy cough. The nurse will call me back when the Dr. comes in this morning. I just wanted to know if I should be doing anything else before the holidays and everything is closed. I feel a bit worse today after taking my meds for four days. This happened last year and I ended up in the hospital. Ain't nobody got time for that.



Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, Brenda, praying for you. I hope you are able to get it cleared up quickly, without any trips to the hospital this year :( The card is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the tree!! Thinking of you and sending get well wishes and hugs your way.

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nstiz said...

Beautifully designed card, Brenda! I'm a huge fan of neutral colors. I can't believe as bad as you feel that you can still produce cards. Please rest and take it easy. Learned long ago that Christmas comes even if I didn't clean as thoroughly!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Brenda, such an elegant design.
I hope you get your medication sorted out for the holiday, take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Another beautiful card Brenda. I love all the gold.
PLEASE take care of yourself. No, you don't want to end up in the hospital for Christmas....or for any other time either!
Lynn

Liz said...

Your card is beautiful, Brenda, so elegant. Remember to take care of yourself and have a lovely Christmas. xx

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty and elegant card, and I'm so sorry you're having issues just before the holiday. Wishing you well through the holidays!

Colleen said...

Oh NO, NO,NO! You have to get better, no hospital for you! I hope the doctor has called you back by now! I am worried about you friend! Your card is gorgeous, the gold is so elegant! Heart Hugs, take care and have a blessed Christmas...at HOME or someone's HOME, not the hospital! I will be checking on you!

Christine Alexander said...

super elegant card for your DIL Brenda. I hope you feel better soon and get in to see your GP :)

Darnell said...

Your card is like jewelry, Brenda! So elegant! I was hoping you would write a post that you were feeling better, so I'm upset to hear you aren't. I pray that you get over the hump of this quickly and don't end up in the hospital like last year. If you do, and I pray you don't!, you must promise to text me this time! Don't make me come out there! Oh, wait. You'd love that, lol! I wish I could. We all love you and are pulling for you!! Huge hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Thinking of you and sending hugs and positive vibes that you stay out of hospital X
Love your very classy card and the gold is fabulous X

Verna Angerhofer said...

An absolutely gorgeous card and I am sure this one will be treasured too. So sorry you are still feeling ill and I sure hope that you don't have to spend Christmas in the hospital. I will be sending prayers your way for sure. Perhaps the lack of sleep is causing you to feel worse so maybe even if you cannot sleep you should still rest quiet. Just a suggestion and I am sure you know what is best.