Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Still plugging along

Now this is nuts but this morning my finger doesn't hurt as much and it is raining so hard. But it is warmer right now with ice and much snow to come later on today. So while I'm not hurting I hope to get a card made today. 

I won a prize a while back and the package was products from Leonie Pujol - someone all new to me. Todays cards are made with an embossing folder from her. On the first card I used brushes to blend kitsch flamingo and dusty concord over a panel. Then I rubbed black soot over the embossing folder and ran the panel through. It kind of made a muddy look that was NOT what I was going for. I thought it would highlight the folder of hearts better. I die cut the love from an IO die and popped it up. Not willing to give up, I used red ink over the e/f and ran that panel through. It does look better and got the look I was going for. I embossed the I love you from a Leonie Pujol stamp set that was also in the package in white e/p on a black strip and added that. I'm sorry the pictures aren't better but it is so dark this morning.

Having a dog named Shark is not a good idea at the beach.

Since these are all NBUS I'm popping over there today.












Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

designbydonna said...

It is fun to experiment. I like them both. The dark one is "moody" and really makes the love word pop. The red one is more bright and light. Very pretty.

designbydonna said...

P.S. Brenda, I meant to add. I hope you can stay indoors and warm. I think your area will be worse than mine. So far we are having rain all day so I was able to get some last minute errands done.

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
these are such lovely cards and perfect designs also.
Love the beautiful raised effect and the colours used.
All in all such wonderful makes.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

What a fantastic prize you won and I really like both designs made with this great embossing folder! Two completely different looks but they're equally purty! I agree with you - shark is not a good choice for a dog's name on the beach or anywhere else for that matter! LOL Wishing you warmer days with less pain - we're apparently going to get another storm on Friday night here in PA. I wish they'd leave that poor groundhog alone! LOL

Sue said...

I love the effects you got with the embossing folder, Brenda, and two very different cards! Glad to hear your finger is better. xx

Greta said...

I actually like both versions, Brenda! That's a neat ef & love die! Glad your finger feels better. My arthritic thumb which required daily meds when I worked almost never gives me trouble now. Doesn't make sense, but it's true. Saw your forecast--stay safe & warm, my friend! Hope you'll post a picture if you get the snow they're predicting. Hugs, Greta

Christine Alexander said...

I also like both versions the darker is a little more masculine. Great EF by the way :)

Prudence said...

I think both versions are fabulous. One is sweet and the other is spicy.
Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

Mac Mable said...

Love the dimension form the embossing folder and I too love both versions. So glad your finger allowed you to make these fabulous cards Brenda x.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Brenda and what super backgrounds x

Darnell said...

First of all, I'm glad to hear that Arthur went back to sleep and you can use your ginfer again! I love both of these mixed media cards, Brenda! You always inspire me with your inky e/f designs! I saw on the news that you're getting lots of snow. Stay in and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I'm glad your finger wasn't hurting as much and hope it still in in a state of rest, my friend! And I wish I could get such smooth inking on my embossing folders! Both of these are lovely! The first makes me thing of chocolate covered cherries! Mmmm! and the second is bright and happy! An awesome embossing folder!

Liz said...

Two super cards Brenda, what a beautiful embossing folder! xx

Brenda said...

It's not crazy Brenda, it is the way it goes with arthritis, at least that's the way it works with me. The rain/snow/whatever coming makes me hurt, then it gets here and doesn't hurt like it did. Or it moves to another location. I know it sounds crazy though! Brenda I love both of your cards! The first one, the look you weren't going for is so cool looking, it has a different mood to it and is equally as pretty as the second card. Which I love too. I am really loving how you used this prize embossing folder and die and I love that you aren't afraid to try something new! Way to go! Hugs, Brenda