Saturday, February 5, 2022

Welcome to snowy Indiana

We have escaped winter until this past week and it came with a vengeance. We had rain, sleet, ice, wind and snow all in 24 hours. Then snow again the next day. Now we have artic temps. and below zero wind chills from last night. The picture below shows my iced up windows and the next picture shows the snow after it was plowed. It didn't look like 7.6 inches on the ground but what you see right outside my front door is what they plowed off the sidewalk up to my house. We didn't get anything near like Texas and the southern states got as far as ice. Be safe and warm if you are in anyplace like that. 

This is the Valentine I made while this was going on. The skunk is Simon Says colored with Copics and matted on a red heart doily from Wilton found in the baking aisle at JoAnn's. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn stamped in Versafine onyx black ink and clear embossed. I used Enamel Essentials in black on the skunk's eyes to make them show better and shine. 

I'm playing at Color Hues
and adding this card to 
since I have not used the skunk before.

My frozen windows











Be kind to one another.




15 comments:

Carol L said...

Looks like you got hit pretty hard with ole man winter! Glad you're able to stay indoors and make cute little cards like this one! Love that heart doily with the skunk! Totally cute! Stay warm!

Cathy said...

Wow! So much snow! I hope it clears up soon and yes stay inside and make lots of cards like this adorable skunk. Great use of red and black, Cathy x

Liz said...

WOW, that IS a lot of snow! Perfect weather for staying in and crafting. Love your card Brenda, so cute! xx

Karen said...

That skunk and sentiment are so adorable! And it makes for an adorable valentine with that bright red doily. I can sympathize with the snow. We had several inches on the ground already and got a foot more on Thursday night. The piles from the snow plows block your view on some corners. Stay warm. Stay safe, & thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Greta said...

Love the red heart doily for your cute skunk's background, Brenda! The snow is pretty, but no fun to be out in it! Glad you could just stay home & craft!

Darnell said...

Love that skunk and sediment, Brenda, and the doily makes a great background! Thank you for sharing again at NBUS and for sharing your photos. Brrrrr! I'm glad it has passed and I hope it warms up soon. If I'm sitting here in coolish sunshine wishing I was at Pebble Beach, I can only imagine how much you wish YOU were there, lol! Hugs, Darnell

designbydonna said...

This is pretty stinkin" cute. Looks like more snow than here. I wasn't out of the house for 3 days. Finally able to get out to church this morning.

Bonnie said...

This is stinkin' cute, Brenda! This skunk is adorable and the red doily makes a perfect background for him! The view from your window is chilly! I hope it has warmed up some now and you can stay inside where it's cozy and warm! Poor Daisy! I'll be she's wishing for Spring!

Christine Alexander said...

Adorable and totally stinking cute :)
Stay warm and safe in the freeze ♥

Mac Mable said...

Now that's what I call snow. Baltic weather my end, but no snow x. What a super cute 'skunk' card Brenda x.

Cindy Beach said...

It makes me happy to know that you love to stamp whatever the weather, Brenda! The pics are amazing, glad you were able to stay warm. And the card is adorable!

Lisa Petrella said...

That heart doily is the perfect backdrop for your cute little skunk!!! And I of course LOVE the punny sentiment!!! :) Ice and negative temps are no fun at all. Staying inside to craft sounds like an ideal plan!!! Stay warm and safe!

Brenda said...

Brrr! I know those negative digits with the wind chill Brenda! You guys got a good amount of snow. We got rain if you can believe that! No ice, no snow...we lucked out in my area, but the counties above me didn't. Pays to live close to the Mason Dixon line I guess. lol Glad you didn't have to do any of the shoveling! Just hope you were able to stay warm!!! Your card is too stinkin' cute! Love that little skunk, he is so cute on the doily. Hugs, Brenda

Nancy said...

Such a cute card, Brenda! Your skunk is cute as can be! YOur snow pictures are pretty from afar! LOL. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! Have a great Sunday!

cm said...

How cute is this little skunk! Such a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol