Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Our heat is back. It should reach 90 today and through the weekend. It will be nice for cookouts Labor Day. I would like to welcome my newest follower, Shirley of http://mypinkieisinkie.blogspot.com/.  It's always nice to "meet" new people and I think you will like visiting her blog.

The agency gal called to tell me our regular gal, Katie, will be back on Friday. Now I hope we are going to be consistent for the first time. I am giving the helpers our phone number, normally they go through the agency, and asked them to call me if they know beforehand they can't come. This way in case the agency forgets to call I will have a heads up and can change any plans I have.

The card today is made with a tiny little stencil I bought at the Heirloom Show in March. It came in a plastic zip lock with no name on it so I don't know it's name. I used DI and that's it! I'm trying to get a stash made for my grandkids in college so I can send each of them a card a month. Also getting all my birthday cards made for the next two months. I'm anxious to get started on Halloween cards and I can't do a new thing until I'm finished with what I'm working on. I guess it has to be orderly for me. Maybe I should see someone! Be kind to one another.


8 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Fabulous inking with the stencil! Love the colors you used. Hugs

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! The stenciling is so pretty!! I love the colors!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Wow--this is just gorgeous, Brenda! What a great stencil! Think I'll have to case this! Stay cool--we just finally had a rain shower, but should be nice the rest of the week.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very beautiful, I love the colors. Great job with the stenciling.

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is beautiful.
I could stare at it for hours!
Thanks Brenda~

MaryH said...

It's a beautiful look and how well you used this pretty stencil. Good for you on working ahead with cards. Also glad that the helpers situation may be a bit more sorted, so you don't get caught at the last moment. Hope the wkend is going well, and we still have some hot weather too. Mornings are cooling off some, but by midday, pretty hot. TFS

Darnell said...

Maybe we can get a two-for-one deal at the therapist's, Brenda, because I'm the same way about projects!! I love this geometric card you've made!! And I love that you may be finding some consistency with the agency workers! I sure hope so! At least you were smart about the phone number so you aren't left high and dry anymore. I hope you enjoyed the warm weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a beautiful stencil! Those colors are gorgeous! Very pretty card and it would be a great one to make in bulk. I am one, also, who has to finish one project before starting another. It's not a bad thing. lol Have a great day!