Sunday, September 13, 2015

Oh ladies, thank you so very much for your kind comments and caring about us. I didn't want to gross you out with the gory details but hubby did not have a UTI. At first I thought that was what was wrong and took a sample to the lab. They waited a week to see if the culture was okay and it was. They also ran one in the ER and it was okay. I have two different stories. ER said there was too much urine in the bladder and was causing constipation. Drained it and he did "go" when we got home. The Dr. Thursday said there was too much in the colon and pressing so he couldn't urinate. Since he wasn't doing either one I don't know who was right. The draining helped so maybe that was what was wrong. Now that he is better he still wants to go to bed between 3 and 4 pm and nods off during the day. He was his normal sweet self Friday when Katie came and has been okay since.  So I appreciate your help. A UTI was my first idea too. They are nothing to mess with, especially when you are older. I started a movie at 9 this morning for him and it is 9:30 and he is asleep.

I have a question for all of you. If you go in a craft or stamp store and see a card made up that you like and they tell you you can take a picture, does that mean it's okay to copy it? My thought is if they told you you can take a picture, they mean it's okay to make one like it. Or, are they saying make one similar? Since you don't know who made the card you can't give credit if you copy it. The card today is like one I saw in a stamp store. I fell in love with it because my granddaughter is in love with all things Paris, I took a picture and bought the paper there. I didn't have quite the same things  to make the card but it is close. I hope I don't get arrested. It is Graphic 45 papers and a Fiskars stamp set. The lady and stamps are popped up.  Be kind to one another.


9 comments:

MaryH said...

THis is lovely. It has such a vintage look about it, and I would never have a clue as to how to use the pretty images on anything, but you've aced it! I think your Grand will adore it, and the nice mats' colors really emphasize all the delicate pink & blue of the focal piece. On the photo and CAS-ing the shop card, I'd mention the shop and say 'it inspired me, but I don't know who made the sample'. You can always change it up just a mite to make it your own! TFS & Hugs.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Really cute card. No law against casing a card (so far) I never quite have the same stamps or papers to make the card exactly like what I saw....but come close using what I have. I always mention that I was inspired by a card I saw at the store, or in a magazine or at a stamping party or on the internet....which is where I get lots of inspiration. Not my idea, but theirs.

Hopefully this was just a little bump in the road for your husband and he'll be better now for awhile. Bumps in the road can be scary. Thank God they come one at a time.

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the design and the vintage look!! I think it's fine to case since you said you were inspired by the card in the store. I need to look around my craft stores more...I don't remember seeing any cards to case!! I'm glad you hubby is doing better. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty card and beautiful papers. If they let you take a picture, then I would think it would be okay to case. I always try to give credit if I know who made the original. I'm always happy when someone wants to case one of mine. Hope your hubby is feeling better. I will be thinking about you.

Mrs A. said...

I'm with the points of view above regarding the shop card. If I make a card from one I have seen in a magazine then I will put that in my post and also the name of the maker if it is on the magazine page. I never copy exactly but put my own twist on it. Glad to hear that hubby is a little better.
On the lighter side just to make you smile If you did get arrested what a nice break you'd get with all your meals cooked for you and people waiting on your for a change!!!!! Lol.
Stay strong.xxxxxxx

Colleen said...

Awesome card, Brenda!! I agree with all of the above! And it sounds like you changed it up just enough to be your own, so I wouldn't worry about it! glad that your DH is feeling better even if he is sleeping more! God bless you.

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Brenda. Sounds like it's perfect for your granddaughter.

If I've been inspired by a card I've seen in a shop, I've mentioned to the shop in my post. Usually we put a twist on the design, so it's not an exact copy and the shop was happy for you to take a photo, so I wouldn't worry. xx

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! I have no idea exactly what is allowed, but from what I understand it's certainly OK to copy it when you aren't entering a contest with it. So happy hubby is doing better & hope it continues. Hugs, Greta

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so pretty, I love it. The papers are gorgeous. Have a great day.