Wednesday, November 6, 2013

We have been busy little campers. Hubby had some things that we took care of so we have been out and about. I need a day to catch up on the blogs and get in my craft room. Weather is calling for rain today and that is such a wonderful reason to craft. Todays card is one I made using K&C things I purchased years ago (like a lot of products that were put away because I just bought them with no particular use in mind). I'm learning to branch out and use different things on cards rather that just paper and ink. I learned a lesson with this card. Stamp first, then apply embellishments. The little squares are raised and the stamp didn't fit well so I had to fill in with pen on the sentiment. The bottom is a strip of washi tape.  Be kind to each other.

 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Brenda, I like the combination of stamping and embellishments on this lovely autumn card.

Mrs A. said...

I like your little mini squares for the leaves and the washi tape is nice addition along the bottom. Hugs Mrs a.

MaryH said...

Love your mini squares. Nice lettering on your sentiment. I wouldn't dare try to do a hand lettered sentiment. Good for you at branching out. I need to do the same thing. This is really a pretty card and loved the strip of washi under the colorfully leafed squares. We all learn from each other, don't we? TFS & Hugs