Monday, November 18, 2013

My heart goes out to all the people and places that had tornados or straight line wind damage yesterday. So much destruction and loss of property but no loss of life. We had 23 instances of tornado touch downs and 484 reports of wind damage in Indiana. It was not just here but in Illinois and Kentucky as well. It was a scary day for us. Our home only had high winds and rain so we were very fortunate.

I can't make a card today to save my life. First I tried the chalkboard card from yesterday's bonus. The background came out great so I know how to do that now. The rest of the card - not so much. Tried the stripes on todays video and they didn't work. Stamped the trees and they came out so cute. Then, could not find my embossing buddy. I looked everywhere and found things I had forgotten about but no embossing buddy. Finally - it turned up. I didn't have silver embossing powder so I found some embossing tinsel that was so pretty and shiny to use. It did not show up on the card at all. I am going to fix lunch and go to the pharmacy. I need a stamping break. Maybe I'll be back later.

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Thank you for the quick post about how you made it through those terrible storms!! I hope your mojo cooperates better this afternoon!! Hugs, Darnell

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh oh sounds like you had a bit of a "stamping block" this too will pass. Sometimes it is just good to take a break and come back with renewed vigor!!! Glad you made it through those terrible storms. I know, such devastation. I don't know what is worse, tornadoes, hurricanes or typhones, Earthquakes would scare me too. Maybe I will just take the cold and snow, guess there is no perfect place till we get to heaven!!

Marybeth said...

Glad you are safe and sound. Your Mojo will be back soon sometimes all it takes is a walk out of the room.
So sad what so many people are going through.

MaryH said...

So thankful to hear no damage to ya'll from the dreadful storms up in that area. I bet your card looked a lot better than _you_ thought it did! I've surely enjoyed the others I've seen. I have days like that myself, (more than I'd like!). I know I'm pretty critical of myself and usually if I look at a 'bad one' for a while, I can think of a way to fix it, or else decide - it looks better than I initially thought. With the 'warts' I decided to post them anyway, critique them, and hope my mistakes will help someone else, or encourage them that all of us don't always make the most fantastic cards. Yours have been lovely, so hope your break helped a lot. TFS & Hugs