Sunday, August 29, 2021

A bike trip

My son, his wife, his son and his granddaughter all have birthdays in September. All of our family birthdays are in groups. October is my younger son and his daughter. April is my granddaughter's boyfriend and my grandson's wife and May is my granddaughter and grandsons birthdays. The April and May birthdays are only three days apart. We have one only in February so we need another baby born in February to round out the group. I need to bring that up!

My oldest son just returned from a bike trip to South Dakota.  He and a friend took their motorcycles out there in a trailer, then visited the Black Hills, The Badlands and Mount Rushmore and all the places they could during a week trip. I made this birthday card for him. It is an ArtStamp and the sentiment is Stampin' Up. I stamped the image and matted it on silver mirror cardstock. A very male card that I think he will like.




Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Liz said...

Super masculine card, Brenda. Lovely image and a great sentiment. xx

Greta said...

What a perfect card for your son, Brenda! Love the silver & perfect sentiment!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful masculine card design and I hope South Dakota treated your son well.

Maria said...

A wonderful birthday card for your son, Brenda! I’m sure that he’ll love it! Love the motorcycle image in silver and perfect sentiment!

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Brenda! What a great image and a perfect sentiment! I'm sure your son will LOVE it!

Darnell said...

I think he will treasure it, Brenda, and I love that it is so personalized just for him. The gray card base and silver mat work perfectly with the stamp. Hope it is cooling off for you! Hugs, Darnell

Donna W. said...

A great masculine card. Isn't it fun to be able to design a card for the person's special interests. I'm sure your son will love this.

Cathy said...

Sounds like your son had a wonderful trip! I'm sure he'll love this card, such a cool image, love the sentiment too, Cathy x

Loll said...

Your son is going to love this card Brenda!! What a fantastic trip he had with his friend. xx

Trina P. said...

Awesome masculine card. Perfect for your son after his bike trip. He’s going to love it!

Brenda said...

Our birthdays are the same way Brenda. It so funny how that works out isn't it?! I love that your son took that bike trip, it sounds like so much fun! I think this card is just perfect for him and I am loving how masculine it is. Goes right in perfect with his trip. Great job!!! I hope Ida didn't hit you guys. We are expecting 6 yo 8 inches of rain today and night, so I'm hunkering down and just staying in and dry. lol Hugs, Brenda

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful and striking masculine card for your son and what a magical trip they had x.

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, it sounds like your son had a great time.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

What a great birthday card with a masculine flair! For us, September is also birthdays galore! Both my hubs and I share the same birthday, and we both have cousins that share the same day as us, so it hits us all at once too! So glad your son got to see Mount Rushmore - it's one of the places I've always wanted to see in person.