Sunday, April 30, 2023

I was wrong about spring

I thought it was here but apparently not yet. Last week we had a wind chill of 28, lots of wind and rain. Once in a while it's warm but not often. The weather is wacky everywhere. I'd like normal again.

May is a big birthday month for family and friends and I loved using the cards from Group of Seven to make a lot of cards for my friends. It's been my favorite technique because of the great mix of colors you get. It's a fun way to play and a great go to if your mojo leaves on vacation.

After saying that, I made a birthday card using a die that is new to me. It's a Simon Says Stamp balloon die and is paper pieced. I sponged yellow, orange and gray Distress Oxide inks, then die cut with the balloon die. After gluing the outline on the card panel, I inlaid the pieces. I added a strip of pattern paper along the bottom and some shiny gems. The panel was added to a gray cardbase and a Stampin' Up sentiment was used.

I will add this card to the NBUS challenge.



Be kind to one another.





11 comments:

Donna W. said...

Those balloons are so pretty. I like the muted colors and how they look transparent. My Sunday School lesson this morning was on patience. But I have to admit, I am not being very patient for spring to arrive.

jimlynn said...

Pretty card for a birthday and I love that patterned paper too. The balloons are so fun and the stars just give the whole card that extra oomph! Love it!
I hear you on the weather too - it's been like a roller coaster here but we're heading into summer heat soon I'm sure.
Lynn

Christine Alexander said...

the balloon die is perfect for birthday cards Brenda and a great match with your background DP♥

Carol L said...

I just love how the colorful balloons coordinate perfectly with that piece of plaid designer paper! Those tiny sparkly stars finish this card perfectly! It's an all day rainy day here today and some of tomorrow as well, but it's turning everything a beautiful shade of green at the same time. Have a great Sunday!

Mrs A. said...

Love your chosen colours along with the stripped paper across the bottom. Same weather here in the UK too. One day warm ish and sunny next cold and raining.
Hugs Mrs A.

Maria said...

A beautiful birthday card with he fun balloons! Fab plaid paper, too! Ah, the weather…yes, so tired of the cold, rain, and wind. We were teased with nice weather a couple weeks ago. I wanna know who stole it and they need to bring it back very soon, lol!

Darnell said...

That's a perfect birthday card for batch-making, Brenda. It's beautifully sponged and it's a design that works for any age and any gender! I agree with you about the crazy weather. It was 92 here last week and it will be back down to 65 and rain this week ... and the never-ending wind!🌬 Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Love that plaid with these pretty balloons! The stars are a really nice touch! Weather is crazy here too. Right now it's cooler than normal. Last week it was hotter than normal. It's never normal!

Susan said...

Beautiful balloons in fabulous colours! Love the plaid across the bottom.

Brenda said...

What a fun birthday card Brenda, loving the colors and that beautiful plaid paper! I have this die but haven't used it in a long time. I guess I need to get it out again. LOL Weather has been wacky here too. It was down right hot a few times, then pleasant, then winter came back. Wind has been wild as can be and lots of thunder boomers while cold. Yep, I'm with you and I just ready for normal. Hugs, Brenda

Julia Aston said...

Love the plaid beneath the pretty flying balloons Brenda! Lovely colors used and pretty twinkly stars added! Julia xx