Monday, April 24, 2023

Missed you

Life has a way of interfering with my cardmaking. Two of my good friends had foot and knee surgery within days of each other. I have been cooking and taking food to them for quite a while. Next time, I will schedule their surgeries! 

That set me back a bit. Then my computer got hacked and gave me a virus and locked me out. I took it in and left it. Staples got rid of the virus and ran a diagnostic test. I am having to log back into everything on the computer. The worst part is I have to log into my blog each time. I've never had to do that since I created it and what a pain. I enter the password, then have to verify on my phone that it is me. I am researching how to stay signed in and blogger is no help at all. 

Here is the card I made for one of my friends. It is simple but she loved it just the same. 

I got a new boomerang. I can't seem to get rid of the old one.




Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

jimlynn said...

I can see why your friend loved the card - it's beautiful!
Sad about the friends having surgery but I know they glad they have you to help out some. Uck on computer problems!
Lynn

Donna W. said...

Your card is simple but elegant. I know your friends so appreciate your help. Look in your account info for the blog and see if you have checked verification. Maybe you can turn it off. I hate that too. Google is also making me sign on when I want to make a comment.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Brenda, a lovely design. I'm sure your friends are so grateful to have a wonderful friend like you. xx

Bonnie said...

The technical fun never ends, does it! So sorry you are having computer problems. They are wonderful when they work well, but the worst when they don't! Love this card and how crisp and clean the leaves look on the green embossing! You are a good friend to cook for your friends.

Christine Alexander said...

Don't you just hate computers, but we just can't live without them :)
Beautiful card, love the texture from the EF and the simplicity of the leaves ♥

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous card! I just love that embossed background with the white stems, no sentiment needed. So sorry about your computer issues as well as your two friends, but you are amazing to make meals for them both. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

oldpunca said...

The card is just perfect. I do like it.
You are a super nice person taking care of your friends.
I think our computers are living their own life without "to think" about how many problems we have with them. :-) I have mine protected with an antivirus program. It helps.
Sonja

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your friends needing surgery, Brenda, and the computer problems. How sweet and kind of you to take food to them! Your card is lovely with the embossed background and leaf die cut, so pretty! Cute joke, lol!

Loll said...

Pretty card for your friend, Brenda. Sorry about your computer woes. Hopefully everything starts working correctly soon! xx

Brenda said...

Wow, your poor but lucky friends! I say lucky because they have you bringing them food! I'm sure that kept you very busy Brenda, cooking does and then running it to them. Oh gosh, I hate that your computer got hacked but so happy that Staples got you straighten out! Yes, it is pain having to log back into you blog each time. I wish I knew a fix for that, but sadly I don't. Your card on the other hand is very pretty! Love the embossing folder and the pretty leafy dies! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Oh how awful! I'm always worried that might happen, but can't really live without computers these days. So sorry it's causing you problems even though the virus is gone. Love the look of this card!