Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Foundry wax

This is my first attempt using Foundry Wax. I like that it is liquid because I have some in a tin that is solid but the smell is so strong I can't use it. I couldn't imagine someone opening a card made with it and dropping to the floor like a rock! Since I love the look of it, I ordered Tim's new product. You have to be quick when you use it as it dries to a powder. One minute it's there and the next it's not.  I got a bit heavy handed and wish I hadn't smeared it past the flowers but it was an experiment. I also put some on my mat and added water and spritzed it on the background. The embossing folder is WRMK.

Someone stole my Microsoft Office and you're going to pay. You have my word.






Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty, Brenda! It looks so dreamy against the pretty black embossed flowers! Cute joke, too! Stay safe for this weather is awful with the wind, rain, and ice!

Cathy said...

Your experiment has worked a treat Brenda, bet this is oh so shiny in real life! I love the spatters too, Cathy x

jimlynn said...

I'm so behind on the times I guess since I've never seen the foundry wax before. Your card is so pretty with it though and I'm really liking the different smear look.
Lynn

Carol L said...

I never even heard of foundry wax before, but I do like this look! It's like sunshine rays coming through the blinds on a sunny day and very pretty!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Brenda. Have not heard of foundry wax ... another mixed media product to try! :) Your first card looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing what else you make with it! xx

Donna W. said...

Wow Brenda, that is stunning. I haven't heard of Foundry Wax. It surely makes pretty cards. Off to Youtube for some videos.

Darnell said...

What a great metallic effect from the wax, Brenda! That's something I've never tried. I imagine in real life it is quite spectacular! You REALLY made me laff with that funny! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

I've not heard of foundry wax before Brenda! But then I live under a rock. LOL I love the metallic look on your embossing though. So it is liquid, but changes to a powder??? That is very cool! It sure made for an artsy, beautiful card! Love your jokes, I always forget to tell you that! Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

You have inspired me to get that Foundry Wax out again. You're right about having to be quick with it! But the results are so pretty!

Julia Aston said...

The gold looks wonderful over the black Brenda! I think I might have some of this in my room somewhere - must go look! Good for you trying out new things! Julia xx

Greta said...

I don't have any foundry wax, but can imagine it gives a beautiful look! I do have this ef which I love & need to use again! Pretty card!

Christine Alexander said...

liquid foundry wax sounds wonderful. love that gold sheen ♥