Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Debossed inky resist

Today is the 28th of the month and the day my zoom mates and I post to the Group of Seven Cardmakers cards we made using debossed inky resist.

This is a fun technique with great results. I found some embossing folders worked better than others and I just had to try different ones to see what worked best.

My first card used a Sizzix 3-D texture fade called foliage. I inked green ink over it then cut a leaf out and embossed it with the same folder in gold embossing powder. The greeting is also embossed in gold.

The second card was a bit trickier. The raised part was what I embossed in white embossing powder. I used orange and brown ink and dabbed it on. The sentiment is a Simon Says Stamp die cut in white and layered over a kraft shadow die.

My last card used a Simon Says embossing folder Vine Canopy. I embossed it in silver embossing powder and inked over it with a soft aqua. The greeting is from Hero Arts cut from Tonic mirror black cardstock. Three very different cards using the same technique.

I just sold my homing pigeon on ebay for the 22nd time.








Be kind to one another.




15 comments:

Loll said...

WOW! Beautiful cards Brenda. Love all three ... so creatively beautiful. The last one with the silver embossing looks so pretty with the aqua ink. I have not tried this technique using any coloured embossing powder ... what a fantastic look! Great work, my friend. xx

Julia Aston said...

Three beautiful cards Brenda! They all worked out wonderfully using this technique! Love all the different folders and colors you used here! Julia xx

Glennis F said...

Looks a great technique, I will try this one after we return from holidays

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh these are so gorgeous and what a wonderful technique used too.
I love all 3 of the beautiful designs and colours used.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Darnell said...

You had great success with this technique, Brenda, and I love all three nature-inspired designs! The green leaf is stunning and I love how the silver embossing turned out. I hope I can remember to try this again with colored e/p. Good luck with that darn pigeon!🤣 Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

You rocked this technique, Brenda! Three wonderful examples of using embossing powder with embossing folders! I love them all! Note to self, "don't buy a homing pigeon"!

Carol L said...

Pretty, prettier, and prettiest! I love each one of these beautiful cards! Nice job on them all!

LesleyG said...

Wow, fabulous cards and great results, particularly like the last with the silver xxx

jimlynn said...

I can't even decide which one I like best since they're all so beautiful! Fantastic cards and a great technique.
Lynn

Susan said...

They all turned out so well, Brenda! I agree, you have to experiment with embossing folders to see which work best. Love the colours on your last one - I think it's my favourite though I like them all.

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Three beautiful Debossed Inky Resist cards, Brenda. I love how they all turned out so differently by using different EB Folders. I think the 3rd card using colored EB Powders is my favorite, but I loved them all. TFS your photos and detailed descriptions. I finished my 1st card tonight, but need to take a photo. I am pleased with the result, but want to try a different EB folder and colored EB Powder after being inspired by your beauties. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous effect. I sent it back. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Brenda beautiful collection of debossed cards. Your leafy background with the single leaf is gorgeous with just hints of colour ♥

Greta said...

These are all just gorgeous, Brenda! Not sure I understand just how you did it, but love the look!

Brenda said...

Gosh Brenda, all three are amazing and oh so beautiful! Each one looking unique and different from the other. Love this technique idea. My favorite of the three is the last one. Love the colors and the folder, although I love them all!! Hugs, Brenda