Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Hiking

I would like to welcome a new follower to my blog. She is Donna Ellis and I'm sure many of you know her. If not, you can visit her at creativesmiles and say hello. I'm so happy you're here, Donna.

Now, to hiking. Oh, so not me but my grandson in Boot Camp! They have started the serious long 
hikes so I made this card for him by using the dog from Gerta Steiner Designs. I think he will relate and like it and that's how I look at the end of the day lately. I cut a window in a card panel and added pattern paper behind it. Stamped the dog, colored him with Copics and fussy cut him. Popped him up and added him in the window. Then added the panel to a card base.

Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?




Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Cathy said...

Such a cute card Brenda! Perfect for your grandson after his hiking regime, love how the pup is resting on the frame, Cathy x

Carol L said...

I just love how you put this card together with that dog hanging out the window! So cute and a fun idea for your DGS taking those long hikes! Chuckling over your cheesy pun today :)

Darnell said...

Aw, so cute, Brenda! He will definitely relate and love that you are keeping up with him and feeling for him with the tasks he has to do! You're the best Gram! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Fun card nad love the pun at the end. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

This is bound to give your grandson a chuckle! I'm sure he loves getting these cards from you!

Loll said...

Your grandson is going to love this card Brenda! :) It's sure to make him smile. xx

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is just adorable, Brenda! The perfect card for a guy in boot camp!

Christine Alexander said...

This card really made me smile with that cute little bull dog and his Ruff day :)

Trina P. said...

Super fun and cute! This was one of my first sets from GSD. Your grandson will love it!

Brenda said...

Oh the long hikes, remember then well when my son told us about them! I can't even imagine myself....at least not at the ages we are now. LOL Your card for your grandson is perfect! After those long hikes, I'm sure it was a rough day! Sure to bring a smile to his face and well as encourage him to keep going. Love the brick wall behind the dog as I bet it felt like he hit a brick wall by the time the hike was over! Love how you are all sending tons of mail to him, helps keep the spirits up! I don't know where you get all your jokes from, but they are awesome Brenda! They make me smile! Hugs, Brenda