Sunday, July 31, 2022

Oh, that color combination

I don't enter many challenges but this color combination is one of my favorites so I wanted to post my card there even though it is the last day to do so.

The colorthrowdown challenge this month is powder blue, cream and kraft. I love those colors together so I wanted to add this card to the challenge. I used Penny Black frames sent to me by a wonderful friend and my new Serendipity leaf die by Impression Obsession. I sponged on the blue ink under the leaf.  The sentiment is Gerda Steiner Designs. The bow is Papertrey twine.

Parallel lines have so much in common. It's a shame they will never meet.









Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. I love the frames and the leaf die is so pretty. xx

Darnell said...

That is a beautiful color combination and I love your take on it, Brenda! It's so cool how that decorative border goes perfectly with the filigree leaf and I love the blended corner and sediment. Great geometry joke! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda, That's one of my favourite colour combos also ♥

cotnob said...

A pretty card Brenda, it certainly is a lovely colour combination.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous colours and gorgeous diecuts, such a pretty card Brenda, where do you find your oneliners lol?! Cathy x

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with such a great color combo! I love those decorative frames along with that pretty stem too! Thanks for the chuckle over the parallel lines - that's a good one :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh what a faulous card and those colours look brilliant together never thought of those together.
Love the die cut edges to this card and your lovley leaf is gorgeous.
Also love the blue inked edge as well.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Donna W. said...

You have a very pretty card with the color combos. Love the shading behind the leaf.

Loll said...

Beautiful card using the challenge colours, Brenda! Love your soft sponging behind the pretty die-cut leaf. xx

Broni said...

So pretty! I really love that leaf and I'm happy that you loved the color combo as much as I did. I’m so glad you joined us for this week’s Color Throwdown challenge!

Greta said...

I love that color combo, too & need to use it for a card! This is lovely with that beautiful leaf!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful colour combos and you’ve showed them off wonderfully.