Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I apologize

This is my second post today and I wanted to give you a heads up in case you missed the content of Darnell's last post. I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but I really blew it this time. I want to apologize to Darnell for not listening to her last post. In case you missed it, she talked about the old comments popping up  and I only had one recently and I was more caught up in the cartoon than what she was saying. She also told us unpublished comments were still popping up on her dashboard.

I was wondering why the amount of comments I get was so much less and figured it is summer and people are busier outside and on vacations. After talking to her (and learning how unplugged I am) she explained what to do (just like she did in her post). I had all kinds of comments that never got posted to my blog and I feel so bad. So, I apologize to everyone that I have not been to visit. I especially want to thank Arlene of a bit of this and that She kept letting me know I'd won her challenge and I didn't get that comment and hadn't gone back to check. So you may want to reread Darnell's post and see if it applies to you. 

Be kind to one another.




7 comments:

Darnell said...

No need to apologize, my friend, but thank you for letting others know what you discovered. What's happening with this Blogger mess requires a lot of boring words to explain. I shouldn't have put that cartoon there to distract people, lol! But I'm glad you checked it out and found all those comments from friends. Hugs, Darnell

LesleyG said...

Don’t worry Brenda, I only found out recently, and some still slip through my net, it’s blogger’s fault not yours xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
I must say I read Darnells post but my brain is still fog bound after covid and wasn't sure what she mean't
Not sure how you find out if all your comments are being shown either as I say I am still brain fog bound and as I don't post very often these days thought my lack of comments was due to that.
Any advise would be welcomed.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Bonnie said...

I did the same thing, Brenda. I didn't understand Darnell's post so I just ignored it. Someone was kind enough to email me with point by point details on fixing the problem. Sometimes it takes a couple times for things to take in this brain! Now I check every day.

Carol L said...

I'm going to have to go check Darnell's post because I haven't seen it yet. I have 3 bloggers who's comments ALWAYS end up as spam in my list of published comments. I double check the list every time it's open to see if any are unpublished ones and there are always a few in there! I guess Blogger wants us to isolate from one another online too, huh? It makes no sense how or why this happens, but it's aggravating. If my comments don't show up for some reason, just know I visit frequently to see what you're making and while I'm here, I do comment :) Don't worry about it - you've done nothing wrong.

Trina P. said...

Blogger is annoying! I get these “spam” comments all the time still. The other thing that started happening was not being able to leave comments on certain blogs unless I’m signed in to Google WHICH I am already! That dumb link just takes me into a loop and I can’t comment. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Greta said...

Good you finally found all those comments! Blogger has really become a pain now. It seems to put comments willy nilly into spam. Sometimes it publishes one comment from a reader & then puts their next comment in spam! Now how does that make sense?!