Saturday, April 13, 2019

A card and a story

This is the Easter card I made for my grandson. All the guys in the family play golf and when I saw this stamp from Impression  Obession  I knew I had to have it. It was a challenge since is it red rubber and all one piece. I inked one bunny and stamped, cleaned off the stamp and inked the second bunny. I did that for grass, club and flag. I colored the carrots and went over the grasses with Copics. I think he will enjoy this card.

You know how words can be a balm to your soul or hurt you so much. We have to be careful with what we say. Last month I was having a go round with Comcast and having my own pity party complaining and mentioned my poor, pitiful life. I decided not to share so much here anymore so as not to depress anyone. Well, here I am, but I want to tell you something. I got the most wonderful comments on that post. The words that really struck me were from Kara who said that made me relate-able. I think about that every single time I want to share something and it makes me feel so much better. Thank you so much Kara.



Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great stamping with the individual stamping and a perfect masculine golf loving card x. So glad Kara was able to help you out with her kind words x

jimlynn said...

Looks like these bunnies are actually playing golf! Precious card!!!!
Lynn

Lisa said...

This is too cute!! Those golf-playing bunnies are so adorable!! Kind words are a balm to the soul :) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

Lovely card, Brenda. These bunnies are really cute.
Friends always make us feel better. Kisses!!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is adorable! What a fun idea.....love the golf playing bunnies!

Carol L said...

I love how you used this stamp to show bunnies playing golf! It's a brilliant idea and such a fun creation for your grandson too!

Bonnie said...

What patience to ink this in sections. I would have had my craft knife or scissors out and probably drawn blood cutting it apart! This is so perfect for golfing guys!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute little scene and you put a lot of work into achieving it and it shows as it has great results. So nice of Kara to make you feel better. And, I think sometimes we are meant to be here to listen to others and share their frustration. So I did not mind at all with your past post. That is what friends are here for.

Darnell said...

You did a fantastic job stamping all those elements one by one, Brenda, and great grass, too! He will LOVE this!! As for Kara's words, that sounds just like her! She is wise beyond her years and I know you would love her because she also has a wicked sense of humor!! Keep on sharing the good and the bad, my friend. I enjoy hearing about your poor pitiful life! Wait. What? That dinnit come out right! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Liz said...

Super card, Brenda, I love the little golfing scene you've created.
Sometimes we need to share things with friends, the good and the bad. Darnell's comment did make me chuckle! LOL! xx

Greta said...

Oh goodness--golfing bunny rabbits! This is just too cute & so worth your efforts, Brenda!

cotnob said...

A fun Easter card Brenda, you have created such a super scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

oldpunca said...

Perfect masculine easter card! I like the cute scene. :-)
Hugs, Sonja

Maria said...

Such an adorable Easter card for your grandson! So cute with the bunnies playing golf! Your grandson will love it! How kind for Kara to say the right words to help you feel better. It really helps to vent at times and we’re all friends here. Take care and have a wonderful week! Happy Easter!!