Sunday, April 25, 2021

Another surprise

After my last post of the snow I got another unexpected surprise. The sun came out, the snow melted and then we got sleet! I'm sharing a picture of the patio right out the back door. Then it melted and it was just cloudy the rest of the day. This is spring?

I received a wonderful gift package from a friend and wanted to make her a thank you card. I used versamark ink and embossed the flower image and sentiment in gold embossing powder The gold across the top and bottom are from Dazzles that are sticker strips.  They have been sleeping in a drawer and I wanted to use them to enhance this card. The card picture was taken with my phone and I don't know how to make it the right size. I finally figured out how to delete pictures from my camera that was full and took the sleet picture with the camera. Hopefully, now I will take camera pictures from now on.





Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Greta said...

That's a lot of sleet! We're glad to have some clouds & showers after days of sun. Wildfires are so scary & the season has already started. A beautiful card for your friend, Brenda!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Brenda, sorry about the weather, May will be here soon ♥

Carol L said...

Whoa, sleet now? I saw them shoveling hail off the baseball field in Atlanta earlier this week too! It's a good idea to stay indoors and make beautiful cards like this one! I love those gold stickers you used too!

pam said...

Beautiful card Brenda, we are have freak weather here in UK, been like summer, but turning colder as from today!
Hugs Pam x

Diane said...

Gorgeous card design Brenda, and that is a lot of hail.

Hugs diane

Mac Mable said...

Brenda, your weather sounds like Scotland....four seasons in one day!
What a classy card and the heat embossing looks fabulous x. Thank you so much for leaving such kind, generous and encouraging comments on my blog....I really appreciate it x.

cotnob said...

You certainly are having a mix of weather at the moment Brenda, I hope you are keeping warm.
A beautiful card, the red and gold looks very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Viv said...

My goodness Brenda - you've nearly had all the seasons in just one day!
A great card which will really be appreciated!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design. And, yes, Spring is full of surprises! We had rain last night.

Bonnie said...

You sure have had some crazy weather, my friend! It seems to be crazy everywhere! I love this card with the gold on red! So elegant and a wonderful way to say thank you!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
my that is severe weather.
We too have had some wonderful days but frosty nights, can't remember so many frosty nights in a row before in April.
Love your wonderful card that colour is so pretty and the gold is so luxurious.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Sue - said...

A beautiful card Brenda. We’re certainly having some funny weather this year in the UK as well.

Maria said...

Oh, wow! A lot of unwanted sleet that you received there! I hope we don’t have any more bad weather and that warmer temps are here to stay. Today we are supposed to reach 79 degrees! Your card is so pretty! Awesome embossing against the red! Take care and have a great rest of the week, hugs!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your blog header is so pretty Brenda and I just hope the view from your window starts to look a bit more like it soon! The upside is that it's crafting weather though. What a beautiful and very special looking card you've made. I always think red and gold look so elegant. Vicky x