Friday, July 24, 2020

Golf shirt

For once I am getting ahead of the birthdays in my family. I always turn the calendar and see my son's birthday on the first. From that moment on there are three birthdays in Sept, three in Oct., Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas and I am never ready. This year I was inspired by the golf paper by Stampin' Up and cards I saw online. I ordered that paper as soon as I saw it. Three of the birthdays coming up are golfers so I am getting busy. This card is a golf shirt card I saw by craftwithkate. It is so simple but I would have never thought of it on my own. So I shamelessly copied it and love how it came out. I didn't have the same die she used for the collar so I used Banner Framelits from SU and just cut the placket out. The buttons are cut from the same paper with an unknown die in my stash. I wish SU would make a golf club that faces to the left so when you cross them it looks good. I didn't add the logo yet. I may make a pocket instead. I could see my son wearing this shirt in real life.



Be kind to one another.




13 comments:

Loll said...

Perfect patterened paper for your golf shirt Brenda. It's so cool and your soon will love his card! xx

Mac Mable said...

A perfect card for your son and the paper is perfect to make into the fun shirt card Brenda x.

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, great papers and fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

This is such a fun idea for a card and the paper you chose is just perfect! Love those buttons too! Great birthday card idea for your son!

Bonnie said...

The argyle paper is perfect for this fantastic golf shirt! Your son will love this, Brenda! A good idea with the gold clubs. I always wished they'd do that with candy canes too!

Donna W. said...

Isn't if fun to be able to make cards to fit the person's interest. I'm sure your guys will all like this.

Darnell said...

How great that SU came out with this paper to inspire your mojo juices to start flowing, Brenda! It is a super cool design and very clean and crisp, just like the real shirt would be. I love the matching buttons! I think my son had a shirt just like this, too, even though he's not much of a golfer. Have a great day! Love and hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great card for a golfer.

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
this is brilliant and so perfect for a Golfing person.
Love the fab shirt it looks amazing.
Now I had a busy month in July 6 Birthdays 2 Anniversaries to make for.
My little joke this time around.
Knock, Knock who's there Micky, Micky who My key is stuck in keyhole let me in.

Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Trina P. said...

So cool and perfect for a golfer like your son. He’s going to love it!

Greta said...

Oh how neat is this?! Love that paper & the collar & placket look great! So fun to make golfing cards for golfers--can't wait to see the rest!

Maria said...

Oh, that is perfect paper for a golf shirt! A wonderful card for a golfer! I'm sure your son will love this card! So great talking to you the other day! Take good care, hugs!!

caliburger34 said...

Spend about 15 or 20 minutes putting, if you have time. There are other drills you can use in place of the star drill. The key is finding one that works for you. golf ball cannon