Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Another leaf since it's fall

Before I share my card today I want to talk about my previous card. I believe the reason the black ink didn't show up on the veins of the leaves is because the re-inker wasn't quite dry before I stamped. You need to spritz with 90% or higher alcohol right away when you drop the re-inker on the photo paper. I haven't done it again but I was so pleased with the results I will be doing it on another card. I'll share what happens.

Today's card is a technique Colleen of https://onesmileliftsaspirit.blogspot.com/ shared with us at the retreat. I scribbled Copic markers in three different colors just back and forth on cardstock. The third color doesn't show up but it is supposed to be ombre'.  Then covered the marker with Nuvo glimmer paste. I used a sheet of Echo Park paper and cut a leaf from it with a Poppy Stamp die and when the paste was dry, I adhered the paper over it, then adhered to  gold c/s.  The sentiment is cut from Echo Park paper pack and I added a few copper sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. What a beautiful technique and a great teacher. Thanks, Colleen.



Be kind to one another.




16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

As a technique girl I am loving this card Brenda. The glimmer and the colours are wonderful. Thank you for the update on your previous post and the fabulous technique x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the shimmer on that leaf. It looks great with that pattern paper too!

Maria said...

Oh, such a gorgeous card, Brenda! A very pretty leaf against the plaid background! I did love that technique that Colleen showed us. I must give it a try again, so fun!

pam said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I love the colours and sparkle.
Pam x

Bonnie said...

A gorgeous leaf, Brenda! What a great technique. Gotta love all that sparkle!

Mrs A. said...

This is so autumn . I love the colours and your Lloyd the gorgeous effect on your leaf. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

love the ombre autumn colours of your leaf Brenda and so sparkly :)

cotnob said...

A lovely Autumn themed card Brenda, your glittered leaf is beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Darnell said...

I love how you used Col's technique to create this gorgeous leaf, Brenda! The shimmer is fantastic and it looks great against that fall plaid! Perfect sediment, too!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
what a very lovely Autumnal card and I love your design.
I can see the lovely ombre affect on that glittery leaf very beautiful.
Lots of crafty love from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

This card turned out so pretty with that gorgeous sparkly maple leaf! I'm sure you had lots of fun and learned lots of new techniques at the retreat, and I can't wait to see more :)

Greta said...

Gorgeous card with that fun technique, Brenda! I need to make cards with all the panels I brought home--good for you!

oldpunca said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the colors and the leaf with glitter effect.
Have a nice day!
Sonja

Mrs A. said...

Ooooooowhat a lovely effect you have created on your leaf. So sparkly . Hugs Mrs A.

Trina P. said...

Fab festive fall card. Your ombré leaf is beautiful. What a cool Copic marker technique.

Colleen said...

Awesome card, Brenda! You came away with a new technique and put it to practice, that is terrific! Miss you! Loved the time we spent together! Heart Hugs, Col