Sunday, October 27, 2019

A gift from Maria

Boy did it rain yesterday. All day with no break. Molly feels like she's had a bath with her clean, soft fur. She doesn't like going out in the rain but she had no choice yesterday!

My friend Maria, https://mariasmerrymakings.blogspot.com/, sent me the most beautiful birthday card and I asked her if she would bring the die cut to the retreat. I pretty much case'd her card and here is the result. I don't know the name of the die but it makes a great card. I colored it with Distress Oxides and a sponge dauber. It is matted on black cardstock and  Cassie Kitty added Pretty Pink Posh sequins for centers. The gold frame is also PPP and I made a teeny twine bow. The sentiment is gold embossed with Queens Gold and is from Hero Arts.



Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Mia said...

The die is really beautiful. A lovely card, Brenda. Kisses!!!

Mrs A. said...

Wow Brenda this is fabulous. Really pretty with the sequins as the centre of the flowers. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

The sunflowers really pop against the black background and I like the sunflowers peek over the top of the fence. Beautiful card.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda,such pretty flowers to remind us of Summer :)

Trina P. said...

Such a pretty card. Looks like a lovely die.

Colleen said...

You did the die justice, it is a gorgeous card! I love sunflowers! Heart Hugs, Col

Carol L said...

What a wonderful card that takes me back. When we were kids, we'd visit our great Aunt Kathryn who lived on a farm. Across the road there was a row of giant sunflowers growing behind the fence, and we'd climb the fence to pick the sunflower seeeds to have as a snack! This beautiful card reminds me of those wonderful visits to the farm. Love how you colored the green leaves and framed the flowers too! Wonderful card!

Bonnie said...

Love this die cut, Brenda, and you've colored it beautifully! Sunflowers make such happy cards!

Brenda said...

It did dump yesterday didn't it?! It started Sat evening and into Sunday late morning, but then I saw a blue patch of sky and then next thing I knew the sun was shining so brightly and we had a beautiful rest of the day with temps of 75! Love it! Wish our dogs didn't like going out in the rain, lol, but the rain doesn't deter them and they would stay out in it right on and on. Your card is stunning Brenda! I love the way you colored it. So the flowers and fence are all one die? Hope you had a wonderful birthday my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a beautiful die and you used it so well on your card. I love the sunflowers and the garden fence design,

Mac Mable said...

Such a happy card and the die cuts look fabulous x.

pam said...

Beautiful card Brenda, we had terrible rain Saturday here in the UK, lots of place are flooded out! glad we do not live near water.
Hugs Pam x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Brenda, fabulous die cut details - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

No wonder you wanted to cut that die, Brenda! You've made a beautiful Fall card!