Saturday, May 4, 2019

Baby Wipes

It's been at least 47 years since I've needed baby wipes! But you know what they say, "what goes around comes around" and that's what has happened.

The challenge at https://casmixup.blogspot.com/ for May is to use baby wipes on your card. There are videos on their site to use them several different ways. I couldn't wait to try this. This is my first try and I didn't use dark enough ink. I wanted a yellow sunny sky and sort of a dirt lawn so I used fossilized amber and vintage photo oxide inks. Smooshed them one at a time on glossy c/s and dried. Then wiped with baby wipe. It is so cool when you do that but it didn't come out vibrant like I wanted.  The tree is my new Lavinia stamp and the sentiment is Altenew embossed in Zing vanilla. I learned from this one and will be doing this technique again. Thanks, Bonnie, this is fun. This card used stamping, baby wipes and embossing. I hope you will visit them and try this fun technique. Because of the glossy c/s I have a glare on the picture.




A funny little tidbit. The mini marathon run is going on right now. They have a new thing at the Finish Line. As the runners come across there is a booth giving out wine! It is wine in a can and they are calling it Finish Wine. That cracks me up and thought you might get a kick out of it.


Be kind to one another.




16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda, isn't it fun finding all these new techniques.

Mac Mable said...

Great sentiment and such a striking card, with a fun and fabulous technique. I have only tried this technique with photo paper, so will be giving gloss paper/card a go x. Had a little chuckle about the finish wine.....Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up challenge x

Lisa said...

When I ran the mini-marathon years ago, we didn't get Finish Wine!! Not fair!! Your card is so stunning!! I love the technique you used!! The sentiment is fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful and striking card, Brenda! I love the contrast between the soft colors in the background and the black willow silhouette. (Even though you say " It didn't come out vibrant like I wanted.")
Finish Wine made me laugh! :-D Thank you for sharing this beauty and the funny story with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. Great contrast between the black image and your lovely soft background. Wonderful work with the technique too. xx
And what a fun and cool idea to provide “Finish Wine” for the runners. 😂. TFS.

Darnell said...

Great job with your baby wipe effort, Brenda, and I love that weeping tree and sediment! I like the soft look for this background. Thanks for the Finish Wine funny!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Loll said...

LOVE the soft, gorgeous sky, Brenda! Always fun to try new techniques! Great design with your gorgeous embossed tree. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, you have created a fabulous background.
Regarding your comment on the Golf card on my blog, if you click on the Hunkydory link it will take you to their website - all of the pads are on there and there are pictures of all of the pages and several examples of cards created using the pads.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

Way to work those baby wipes and come up with a fantastic card! I really like that tree image as well as the finish wine gimmick :) Fun :)

Nstiz said...

This is such a great background Brenda! Love the soft colors as well as that wonderful tree. And wine at the finish line? Maybe that would inspire me to run. Probably not.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I had not heard of that technique before. But I do like the card you made doing it. The soft colors look okay too.

Maria said...

How fun to try new techniques! Wonderful background and the tree is amazing! Lol, after a marathon I would need some wine, how fun!:)

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the tree-I have a few baby wipes used for cleaning that I dry out and keep---a little tip you will get more vibrant colour if you wipe before drying.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

LOL, I maybe would run for wine...or maybe not. Love your soft background, Brenda, and I'm so happy you tried this fun technique. Your sentiment is right on target! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Brenda said...

Love the card even though it didn't turn out as bright as you wanted it to Brenda, it still turned out great and made for a great card. I got a kick out of the "finish wine"! Maybe that is why people where running. lol Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Oh too funny--Finish Wine! If I ran any part of a marathan don't think I could handle any wine at the end--it would finish me--haha! I've never heard of this technique, but looks really neat!