Wednesday, September 19, 2018

My son's birthday

It's almost time for my younger son's birthday and he is a avid golfer. This is another pop up card from Jennifer McGuire. These are so easy and a fun surprise when opened. There are stickers on the front and I used an old Stampin Up stamp for the inside. I stamped and colored the inside back panel with Copics, along with the golfer. Then I cut him out and mounted him to the inside of the circle so he was away from the green making the shot.

We are still having a lot of heat with temps of 92 today. Good indoor crafting weather and this was my last birthday card so I'm ready to start on Halloween. I am not buying anything new for Halloween crafting this year and shouldn't forever. Well, wait, I did buy a package of stickers. I have sooo much Halloween that I would be nuts to get more. I don't know why I can't resist new products. I also don't know why I've suddenly started using stickers but I guess I'm trying to make stickers great again.




Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

jimlynn said...

I always think stickers are fun and they look fantastic on this card Brenda! Love the pop up too. Great masculine card and your son will love it.
Lynn

Liz said...

Your son is going to love this, Brenda! What a great design for a golfer. xx

Greta said...

Oh what a great card for your son, Brenda! Good for you using your stickers--something I never was good at. PS--I admire your new header every time I come to your blog--LOVE it! Summer is a distant memory here, but we've still had sun during the day. Sending hugs, Greta

Mac Mable said...

Great use of those stickers and such a unique card for your son x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and I love the way you used the stickers. I bet it was a success with your son too.

Loll said...

Fantastic card for your youngest son's birthday. He is going to love this card Brenda!! The sentiment on the front is so funny!! I bet more and more people start buying stickers now!! :) xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
2 very wonderful cards for your Son.
I love the designs and I know your Son will too.
May I wish hin a very Happy Birthday.
Yes I think we may all be quilty of buying too much crafting items, but there is so much on offer and you can't resist can you. LOL.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, perfect for your golf mad son.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Happy birthday to your son, Brenda. You created two great cards. Kisses, my friend.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute card, Brenda! Happy Birthday to your son. I was so happy to see the heat go away yesterday. It was a beautiful day.

Darnell said...

I don't know why stickers ever went out. I love my Penny Black Stickeroos which are like fine art, but I think I have used up most of my others. You should pat yourself on the back for using what you have! And I love the way you used them on this great golfing card for your baby boy! He will love it, too!! Looking forward to having you bring out the Hallowed Een cards!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Stickers are really making a come back Brenda, so you are right on trend! I wish it were hot here with a lot of sun, but no, we are still in rain mode and I'm so sick of it. It is feeling very fall like with our temps. Only in the 60's today, but tomorrow we will be in the 80's. Yay, now if it will be sunny that will be nice! Only the dogs and I won't be able to go outside and enjoy it because of all the water laying on the grass. sigh. I love, love, love this card! You are so good at these Brenda! You've even given me the courage to give them a try the next time I make a card....I hope! lol You son will adore this card, I know I do! Hugs, Brenda