Monday, February 23, 2015

I'm glad to be back again. We have had a hard several days. DH fell late Wednesday night. He was in the other room and did not call out for me. I don't know how long he had been on the floor when I got him. This is the second time in eight days he has fallen. I can't get him up so I sit with him until he is calm, then try to explain he needs to roll over on his knees to get himself up. . Thursday he complained of pain and could not go to the bathroom. I explained I could take him to the ER and they may keep him. He has a horror of the ER since they kept him overnight several months ago. But he said it was bad enough to go, so off we went. He had a bowel obstruction and they did get him fixed up. Friday he had to drink the concoction they give you as a prep for a colonoscopy to make sure there was no other blockage. That is not a good thing to give someone who is confused about what is happening. I will spare you the details, only say we had nine cleanings and changes of clothes, nine cleanings of the bathroom and nine loads of laundry Friday, five of the same Saturday and four on Sunday. The washer and dryer are in shock! Today he seems to be back to normal.

We have had really cold weather and snow over the weekend and the cold is still with us. This picture is the snow piled in front of our house. It is five feet high and this is just plowed from our court! There is that much piled across the street as well.  I'll be back in the swing of things soon. Today, I am tired and only going to cook. That is all! Be kind to one another.


7 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Oh, my goodness, what a time you have had. Hope all is well with him now and you can get some rest. We had 5 inches of snow over the weekend. Now we are left with really cold temps. Suppose to be like this all week. Stay warm......hugs!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh it sounds like you have your hands full. Hope things settle down so you can get inky again and I hope the colonoscopy went well.

Liz said...

Hope things improve soon, it sounds like you both have had a rough few days. Remember to look after yourself as well as your DH. xx

Lisa said...

I hope things with your hubby improve...what a rough few days you've had. I hope the colonoscopy went well. The picture of snow looks the same from my window!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

What a few days you've had, Brenda! I sure hope hubby is OK now & you got some rest. The snow is so pretty if you don't have to drive in it--not even a flake for us this year. Take care, Greta

Darnell said...

Brenda, I'm so sorry to read about what you two have been going through. You really are a sainted woman and don't argue with me. You personify what a deep and true love looks like. I hope the falls stop and that the colonoscopy was clean. Huge hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Hi Brenda, here I am playing catch up again. I'm so sorry you to hear all that you and hubby have been going through. It is a lot on one's plate and I am so happy now that hubby is back to normal in the bathroom department. Good thing you took him to the ER even though it caused you a lot of work. And wow, work you did! I'm so sorry you have to handle this yourself. I sure would have been there to help you out if I lived close by. This is love my friend, cause only someone who loved someone else deeply would have do all that you do for your hubby. You are a special woman my friend! Now I hope that hubby stops falling!! My hubby fell yesterday but it was because of the snow when he put his feet on the slick garage floor. Take care Brenda and now that you both are in my prayers. And I'm only an email away if you need to talk or vent. Big hugs, Brenda