Friday, February 6, 2015

I had an interesting week for sure. DH can't remember which button to use to make the DVD play. I've used several different ways to mark it, none of which worked. Now the remote has a happy face. It stands out and I actually Tombow Mono glued it on! I hope it stays. Even red permanet marker rubbed off and other stickers I just stuck on came off too.

My other issue is the storm door to the patio. Last summer we had our stoop dug up and a patio poured because the stoop kept rising up in the winter and we couldn't get the door open. I told our concrete guy that happens and there has to be water under there that freezes when it gets cold. He assured me this would not happen. He put extra gravel and sand down for drainage and said the weight of the concrete would keep it from rising up. He was wrong! It has done it several times this winter. He wants to dig up the patio and pour concrete under the footers. We are talking big bucks and I don't want the patio to look strange and patched. The solution I have come up with is a storm door with a doggie door. Then we won't have to open the door when it freezes. I've had to prop open the storm door and leave it open so Molly can go in and out. The wind caught it and if you look at the picture the spring on the bottom closure has come out and the top chain is completely torn off from the door. It snowed in the other night! So I'm off today to see about a new door.

One more thing. What is the number on your clear Wink of Stella pen? I have two. The first one said it was clear. It is called GL Clear 999 on one end and H13 999 on the other end and puts on a shimmer that is almost white. So I bought another one that the gal said was clear. It is GL white 000 and D14 000 on the other end. It is almost the same as the first one. It is a white glaze look. I thought it would be clear clear. I guess I thought it would be like glossy accents. So is the white look what it is suppose to be?

Thanks for hanging with me. It seems like the older I get the more things go wrong. And that's just with me! Then the other household things go wrong! Maybe because I have to take care of them now and I really don't know how. My brain only wants to know about stamping not all this other stuff. Be kind to one another.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah......I know, the older we get the harder things seem to get. Like you I would just rather be making cards.....if only. Not have to deal with all this other stuff that seems to take up so much time.

Sounds like you have the problem solved with the remote. Hope that works for your husband. Sounds like a doggie door would be a good idea. Guess I would try that before going into spending more money on your patio.

Can't help you on the pens as I don't use them. I shall have to google and see what they are. Well, you have a good day and take one day at a time. That's all we can do at this point. Everything will work out eventually.
Louise

Cathy said...

Hi Brenda, sounds like the older you get the more creative you get with your 2 great solutions!!

My clear wink of stella pen says GL Clear 999 on the package, same on one end of the pen and the other end says K13 999. I does sort of look a bit whitish when you first use it but it seems to dry and just be sparkly. Hope that helps, Cathy x

Lisa said...

I love your solution for the remote...the smiley face is adorable!! Sorry about your patio troubles. Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

Great idea with the smiley face. :-) Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your door. Hope you get it all sorted soon.

My clear Wink of Stella clear pen has GL CLEAR 999 marked on the packet and also on one end of the pen. On the other end of the pen is H13 999. I also have a white Wink of Stella pen marked GL WHITE 000 marked on the packet and also one one end of the pen. On the other end is G13 000. The more layers I put on of the white one, the whiter it becomes as it dries. It's very different from the clear one. The clear one has a sort of frosted look when I first use it, but dries clear, even if additional layers are put on, it's still clear. xx

MaryH said...

Brilliant idea with the smiley face. Hope it helps DH. Bummer on your door. Seems like this kind of thing happens all over. And by the time you have the 'problem that wouldn't happen', the company has moved on, or else won't be responsible. Good for you at thinking to have a doggie door. Good luck. TFS & Hugs (oh I just found out there even IS a white WoS...I've missed up putting down silver before when I thought I had the clear. in MY case, it was Operator Error).

Greta said...

I so hear you about not wanting to have to know all that stuff! I truly admire you, Brenda. The smiley face on the remote is a great idea--hope the mono glue worked & that you got the door you needed.

Di said...

Others have already answered the Wink of Stella question honey - my clear one has the same numbers as they already said. So you have a white one to play with now :)

What a pickle over the door and the work you had done - hope you get it sorted out. I think you cracked the remote issue with the smiley face :) Top marks for ingenuity!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

What a challenging time you had Brenda!! I'm sure it feels like everything is going wrong and it is so frustrating when you have to start dealing with it on your own. I don't know what I would do if Dwayne couldn't take care of these kinds of things. I guess I'd be in your boat! But Brenda you are so amazing and such an inspiration to me!!! You deal with it all with grace and dignity! I love the smiley face idea, I hope it stays glued on!! That is awful about the door and patio, I hope it can be sorted out. I do love the idea about the doggy door, just remember though that if your dog can come and go so can other critters. Make sure the doggy door you get has a lock that you can lock it back so nothing else can come in after your dog is done. They are nice to have and work great. We only ever had one on the basement door when Bret had a cat and we kept the litter pan in the basement. Big hugs my friend!! Brenda

Brenda said...

What a challenging time you had Brenda!! I'm sure it feels like everything is going wrong and it is so frustrating when you have to start dealing with it on your own. I don't know what I would do if Dwayne couldn't take care of these kinds of things. I guess I'd be in your boat! But Brenda you are so amazing and such an inspiration to me!!! You deal with it all with grace and dignity! I love the smiley face idea, I hope it stays glued on!! That is awful about the door and patio, I hope it can be sorted out. I do love the idea about the doggy door, just remember though that if your dog can come and go so can other critters. Make sure the doggy door you get has a lock that you can lock it back so nothing else can come in after your dog is done. They are nice to have and work great. We only ever had one on the basement door when Bret had a cat and we kept the litter pan in the basement. Big hugs my friend!! Brenda