Monday, July 20, 2026

Another new to me technique

I recently saw this online and wanted to try it. I love the way it turned out and wanted to share. I'm always so far behind new things so you probably already do this but here goes.

I used kraft cardstock and swiped white Apple Barrel white acrylic paint over the cardstock with a dry sponge. Then, the same thing with red Avery Elle pigment ink. That leaves you with stripes of ink and paint over the cardstock. I used a Crafter's Companion embossing folder to emboss the panel. The next step was rubbing over the raised design with my finger using gold metallic ink. Then, again with copper metallic ink. By using the red pigment ink and rubbing over it with copper, I lost the red color but the shine is beautiful. I saw this on Eastwicks paper and ink.

I would like to add this card to I.D.E.A.S.

If you're happy and you know it, it's your meds.




Be kind to one another.




5 comments:

Darnell said...

I can imagine how pretty this is in person, Brenda! It's so hard to capture the shine of a metallic card. And thank you for the link to the video. It might be a little too inky for me, but the result is gorgeous! And, yay for meds, lol. Or as Kevin likes to say, "Better living through chemistry!" (His undergrad degree was in Chemistry.) Hugs, Darnell

LesleyG said...

I love this! It’s very striking and an interesting technique for inky fingers! Xxx

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. It may have been messy getting there but turned out beautiful.

Susan B said...

Great technique, Brenda. It gave you a lovely vintage look!

Christine said...

so pretty Brenda, I love the touches of white on Kraft ❤️