Monday, June 29, 2026

Can't wait

for this month to be over. I've been sick all month and Daisy is in pain and on her meds. I got confusing information from the Doctor when I went in on June 1st and am not taking the right medicine and not getting better. Called today and can't see him before July 8th! Booked, then on vacation. I have a call in.

Then Daisy started yelping when she jumped starting on the 15th of June. Took her to ER vet and they gave her anti inflammatory and pain meds. I have to take her back for x-rays to see if she has a tumor or arthritis. I've been sleeping on the couch since she can't get on the bed. I'm miserable and she's confused!

Long story I haven't been doing much of anything. I miss crafting and starting back again. Seems like that's been my MO for a long time. 

This card used a Gina K Petite Flourish embossing folder and an old die from Stampin' Up called Flourish Thinlits.  I colored the die with Copics and found some of my Copics are drying out. Embossed the greeting and cut with a SU punch. Really got into the older stuff that needs some forgotten love. 

I know my dog loves me but if I had a squeaker in me she'd gut me like a fish.


 

Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Darnell said...

I'm sorry you and Daisy have had a rough month - you even longer. Good luck with the vet to find out what is wrong with Daisy and with your doctor after that. I hope you can see the doctor who is filling in for him before the 8th! You are an inspiration to get crafty when you can and your card is so pretty and full of movement! Love you, Darnell

Christine said...

Brenda my heart goes out to you,, this sounds like a really rough time for you and Daisy.
Your card was a real pick me up, such a pretty die cut xx

LesleyG said...

So sorry to hear you’ve had such a rotten time, and hope you and Daisy get the treatment you need. You’ve made a great effort using some old stash to make your pretty textured floral card xxx

pam said...

Brenda, sorry you and Daisy are having a rough time this month, hope July will be kinder to you both. lovely card love Pam x

Liz said...

Sorry to hear that you and Daisy have had a tough time in June. Just a few more hours to go and the hopefully July will be a better month for you.
Your card is so pretty, I love the beautiful die cut.
Liz xx

Loll said...

I hope both you and Daisy are feeling better. Sorry, I'm so behind on my visits. Hopefully Daisy will able to jump up on the bed soon so you both can have a better rest. Take care, sweet friend. Love and hugs, Lolly

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Bonnie said...

This is such a dainty little flower and makes a classy card with the embossed background! Hang in there, my friend. Better days are coming!

Greta said...

Oh no! I was hoping you'd be feeling much better now. Always so hard when our furbabies have problems. We've been shocked that Fritz adjusted easily to sleeping in his crate by my side of the bed. Maybe he knows he really can't jump on and off the bed anymore. Such a sweet card, Brenda. I love that embossing folder and the delicate bouquet. Know I'm thinking of you and wish I could come by. Big hugs for you and a tummy rub for Daisy,
Greta

mamawcindy said...

Hate to hear that you and Daisy have been having such a hard time. Said a healing prayer for you both. Your card is pretty, love the dainty flowers. It's always a good feeling when you use your craft supplies that you haven't used in a good while. Oh, my I really laughed about what your dog would do if you had a squeaker in you. So funny and probably true. Hope you both start feeling better., take care
cindys-greencricut

Maria said...

Such a lovely card, Brenda! I love how the background matches the pretty flower die! A perfect CAS card, well done!! Take care, hugs!!