Sunday, December 18, 2022

Still at it

I am not yet on top of my game and I found that out Friday. I stripped the bed and washed the sheets. However, I washed a potato along with them. I couldn't figure out what the lump was as I untwisted the sheets to put in the dryer. The potato didn't fare too badly but a chunk was out of the end and there were little pieces of peel all over the inside of the washer and floor. It was sitting on the edge of the sink and must have gotten swept into the washer along with the sheets. I will say I've never seen one so clean! I propped it up on my scissors so you could see.

I'm still making Christmas cards and, of course, they are going to be late arriving. But I wanted to send them and I will leave all things out and continue to make some into January. This is a good lesson to make them all year. This is an old wood mount stamp from Impression Obsession called Noel Doll. I got it at a craft fair and never inked it. Since I still need simple and quick I thought this would do the trick. Just stamped and colored it a bit for my great granddaughter.

I have a pen that can write underwater. It can write other words too.







Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

jimlynn said...

The potato will have me smiling all day long now! Since it was all nice and clean, did you bake it!
Love your cute card. I've never seen that stamp and it's adorable. Great card for the holidays.
Lynn

Donna W. said...

LOL! That is a hilarious story. You should have put it in the dryer and you could have had baked potato for dinner:)! A group at church washes potatoes in the dishwasher when we are having a potato bar meal. Your card is adorable.

oldpunca said...

The potato story is hilarious. :-) You think it can never happen but it does. Thank you for make my day. :-) Your card is very nice. The stamp is sweet.
Sonja

Loll said...

Oh my gosh!! I was laughing out loud when reading about your potato. What a great way to start my day! :) Thank you for that! :) Love your sweet card for your granddaughter. Love, Loll

Liz said...

Your story about the potato is so funny. I laughed out loud when I read it!
Love your card, so cute. xx

Bonnie said...

LOL, that potato is clean and ready to cook now! Maybe the dryer precooked it, LOL! Sweet card for your great granddaughter. I love the gray and red coloring!

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a beautiful doll on the card for your great-granddaughter, love the cas look to the card, all of my cards will be late arriving, just finished writing them out ready to go, less to send this year as we have been able to see people unlike last Christmas when covid had us all locked down.
I used to help out in the school holidays at the hotel my mum worked at, one of my jobs was putting loads of potatoes in the machine that cleaned their skins off attach the hose and wait for the water to run clean....
Have a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a Happy, safe and Healthy 2023... Megan

Darnell said...

I'm sorry, but I wish I could have been there to see your face when you were unwrapping those sheets, Brenda! I mean, weren't you apprehensive seeing all the pieces that it was a small critter? You're so brave, first of all! Secondly, did it take a second to register that it was a potato? That would have been me. Even if I knew I kept the potatoes in the cool laundry room, I wouldn't exactly expect to pull one out of twisted sheets in the washer, so the comprehension would have been a little slow! I hope nothing weirder than that happens to you in a very long time cuz that was very weird!😂

Your card with the little NBUS doll sitting on the Noel blocks is so cute and just perfect for your GGD! Love the joke, too! Continue to get better, my friend. Love, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

cute card. Did you use the potato to make some potato lino cuts. We did that as kids. cut a design in a cut potato half and then dipped it in poster paint and made impressions with it on paper. Oh the joys to be young again. Hope you have a lovely christmas. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

Just wondering if you thought about putting the rest in to clean them before cooking :)
That is such a beautiful image and love the simplicity of the grey and red ♥
Merry Christmas and catch up in the new year on our monthly zoom meetings ♥

Maria said...

Oh, my, lol! Your potato story is too funny, Brenda! And, what a sweet darling card for your great granddaughter! Such a cute doll and great color combo!

Greta said...

Oh you gave me a laugh with the potato! Could have been worse, as I take it the sheets came through fine. I'd say that was the perfect stamp to use for your great granddaughter & the card is wonderful!