Sunday, March 28, 2021

Blustery today

I could hardly get the door open this morning to let Daisy outside. The wind is blowing so hard and the cold is back. I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Cold one day, 72 the next. We had thunder overnight and that scares her so bad. I sleep on my side with my legs drawn up and she slept right up  against me in that space shaking me and the bed for several hours. I am tired this morning.

I learned this technique from Loll and it's called faux mother of pearl. You start by pouncing frost paint with bunched up plastic wrap in places over the cardstock. Let it dry completely. Then using two similar colors of ink, add a light coat with each color ink in places over the cardstock. Then you can go back and add it darker. Then buff over the cardstock with a paper towel to bring out the shine of the frost paint.  I added a die cut from Simon Says Stamp because I didn't want to cover up the shine. I hope you like this and here is the link to her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTAAKBABV1s.






Be kind to one another.





13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The technique looks so pretty and the oversized die cut sentiment looks fabulous x. So sorry to hear about Daisy and the thunder and I hope the weather settles down soon x.

Donna W. said...

That pearlized background is gorgeous. Big sentiment dies are great to be able to show off the background. The wind here is so strong I am surprised Daisy didn't get blown around. It is Indiana so just wait a minute and the weather may change.

Viv said...

Well done on learning this technique Brenda! Lovely card with it's big die sentiment.
Very windy here all the way across the ocean - but then it's always windy up here on the moor tops - even when the village 2 miles away is calm and peaceful! x

Carol L said...

We can all use paper hugs from time to time, and this technique made one beautiful card! The weather here is the same; the past 2 days it hovered around 80 and today it's cold and raining.

Liz said...

Fabulous background, Brenda and I love the die cut.
It's been pretty cold here this weekend, but by Tuesday should be getting really warm. We're also allowed to go our of our local area from tomorrow, the first time since Christmas, so it will be lovely to go somewhere different. xx

Christine Alexander said...

the faux mother of pearl looks so pretty as your background. We are all learning so much at these zoom crafting sessions :)

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your Paper Hugs, Brenda! That background is so pretty with the awesome ink blending! Our weather has been crazy too. We can have 3 seasons in one week! The thunder makes me anxious too. Poor Daisy.

Maria said...

Your card is so lovely! And, it sounds like an interesting technique with great results! Beautiful color and wonderful die cut! Yes, it's been very windy here. We got our trees trimmed just in time before the wind and rain. It's a nice day today, but more cold on the way. Maybe next week will be better, I hope! Happy Easter to you and family, hugs!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful background you made to show off that wonderful die cut sentiment. Hugs are good anytime for anyone.

cotnob said...

This is pretty Brenda, a fabulous technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

How beautiful! I wouldn't cover it up either!

Trina P. said...

Lovely card. The colours are so pretty. Great job with the technique.

pam said...

Love this card Brenda, fabulous background and colour.
Hugs Pam x