Thursday, December 24, 2020

Baby, It's Cold Outside

We went from 53 yesterday to 23 this morning! Brrr. Daisy had to wear her coat this morning when she went out. It took longer to put it on and take it off than she was out. Not a fan of the cold, just like me.

I used this 3-D texture fade e/f from Sizzix to make several Christmas cards. I just love the look it gives and you can use it several ways. I rubbed a Delicata gold ink pad over the flat side on the first card, used my finger to rub the same ink over the petals on the second card and added red sequins to the centers of the flowers on the third card. I made another card that I forgot to take a picture of. It was also a white panel and I colored tiny pearls dark red for the centers and used the same red as a card base.

Please be safe and enjoy the holidays.







Be kind to one another.




13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous trio of wonderful cards! I'm a big fan of that gold enhancement but the plain white card also looks good! Daisy looks all snuggly warm in her winter coat - good doggie :)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Beautiful looking cards, like the gold, so elegant. Like Daisy's coat, she looks very warm. Merry Christmas to you, hoping 2012 is a better New Year with lots of new ideas for your card making.

cotnob said...

A beautiful collection of cards Brenda, a fabulous embossing folder.
Daisy looks nice and cozy in her coat - I don't think our Labs would tolerate a coat, they go for a swim in the river every day, even when it is freezing, at least it washes the mud away!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bonnie said...

I'm loving this embossing folder more and more, Brenda! You have used it beautifully in so many ways! I hope you have a blessed Christmas day!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, those 3d folders give such a special liik! I'm about to hop in the swimming pool as its lovely and warm here! Enjoy a lovely Christmas, Cathy x

Verna Angerhofer said...

All three are so gorgeous. That is a beautiful embossing folder.

Colleen said...

Wow, these are all amazing! I have this EF...and now want to try all your techniques! Merry Merry Christmas my friend!! Have a lovely and wonderful day. Daisy looks so cute in her "coat"!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards! A wonderful background with the beautiful poinsettias! All cards so unique and lovely! Daisy looks so cute in her warm coat! Yes, the weather turned quite sudden with the snow and cold! But, it is a beautiful white Christmas! Take care! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

LesleyG said...

Wow these are just beautiful! Xxx

Sandy said...

All three cards are so beautiful -- I might just have to give your technique a go!
I hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!
Sandy xx

Darnell said...

Found this further down in my inbox and had to comment on how cute Daisy is in her warm coat and how beautiful your poinsettia designs are, Brenda! I love all three and the fourth one sounds pretty, too! Love, Darnell

Greta said...

You're making me want that ef--love every card, Brenda! Daisy looks cozy in her coat, but I agree--23 is awfully cold!

Mac Mable said...

What stunning cards and the 3D effect is amazing x.