Saturday, November 12, 2016

Frost is here and temps are dropping. BUT we are suppose to have 70's later in the week. How strange is that! Can't put away the tee's but have to have the sweatshirts out. I'm doing well and I have a new overnight unit that is much quieter. I did slam the car door on the tubing yesterday but that's been my only snafu lately. My sons, sil and bil and I went to the cementery yesterday for Veteran's Day and told stories and laughed. That was theraputic and we still miss him so much. I took my granddaughter to lunch afterward and had a great time with her.

This is my last fall card. It is a stamp and pumpkin dies from Impression Obsession. I sponged with DI and mounted on an embossed leaf panel. Now it's on to Christmas cards. I feel guilty because I make all the same card but have so many, many Christmas stamps and dies and don't use them. I'm afraid I will send the same card to someone the next year if I make them all different. Be kind to one another.


7 comments:

Greta said...

Sounds like the perfect way for your family to spend Veteran's Day. I'm thinking of you, Brenda. I'd say, don't worry about sending the same card--use your stuff! Unlikely you'd make exactly the same card & we wouldn't care anyway! This is a beauty--sounds like it would qualify for the IO challenge.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a good day with your family on Veteran's Day!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the pretty scene!! The pumpkins are fabulous!! Love the embossing, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

You've created a lovely scene, Brenda, fabulous effect of the tree and leaves blowing in the wind.

Darnell said...

What a lovely scene on your fall card, Brenda! It depicts the season perfectly and I love the texture from the e/f! I think we are supposed to be having a harvest moon. They said on the news this morning that it is hasn't been this close to Earth since 1948!

I'm glad you are getting along (fairly) well with your friend Oxy! And I'm glad you traded that first one in for a quieter version! Your time with your family yesterday does sound like it was good for all! Love and hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Happy for you that another milestone has been passed, and that you & the family made it together, and could remember the joy. I'm feeling the same way about sharing so many fall cards, but.... This one is just beautiful & love the deep rich color of the embossed background to show off the pretty scene. It's a lovely card (also I wouldn't worry about sending the same card to someone next year. If they're like me, they won't remember it anyway, and just be so pleased you thought of them!!!) Glad you're managing with the tubing, and accidents are gonna happen for a while. Hang in there. Big hugs & TFS.

alexandra s.m. said...

Glad you could have a good Armistice day Brenda.
Your Fall card is beautiful. I wished you could keep them coming ;-)
HUGS~

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful scene on your card. The trees were blowing over just like that here today. Very wet and windy. The shopping trolley took off on it's own this morning when we went shopping. Dufex is the brand of the decoupage butterflies that I used. I like to give credit to the correct people when I use their products. Didn't mean to confuse you. Hugs Mrs A.