Friday, November 4, 2016

A new me! A while back I mentioned I was having some health issues. I was very short of breath and having a hard time of it. That is now fixed. I got my oxygen yesterday after being evaluated Monday. What a big to do it is. I now have a concentrator that is portable and a huge machine that is continuous at night. Also a backup tank in case of emergency. I don't have to have it all day long but I do have to try it at night for awhile and see if I need it. So far I have managed to roll over the tubing at my desk and cut off the air flow and I got all tangled up in the tubing during the night and almost tore my face off. The night machine is so noisy. I had him put it in the bedroom since it was a night thing. Last night I turned it on and oh my, I think the walls were shaking. I had to get up and haul the thing into the hall and close the bedroom door. Of course Molly is terrified of it. She's not crazy about the portable unit and has sniffed it but she hugged the wall in the hallway last night passing it to get back into bed! I haven't ventured out yet. I need to learn to control the tubing first so I don't hurt myself or someone else. I also need to remember not to cook with it on as I have a gas stove. Breathe or cook, what to do. Not a hard choice! Bought a new Crock Pot. I'll keep you updated. One would hope that sucking all this air in might lift and tighten up my face. Be kind to one another.


11 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh my....the things we have to go through as we grow older. Hopefully you will feel better with the breathing machine. Keep looking up.

Greta said...

Look out for that darn tubing--it can get you! Poor Molly--at least she had enough motivation to get past it & back to bed--haha! Seriously, hope it helps you feel better, Brenda!

Colleen said...

OMG Brenda!! I am sure that the extra oxygen is going to help you immensely...Just think you can go for hours walking up and down stamp store aisles and not get out of breathe! (that is once you learn the knack of moving around with that thing!!) I think this is a good thing, I loved your story, poor Molly, that will take some getting used to for her, right? Hang in there! the way you pick up techniques, you will have that machine down pat in NO time!! Heart Hugs, Col

Darnell said...

Well, I love the new look if it helps you breathe, Brenda!! I'm glad you got through the ordeal of obtaining all the Perry Fanalia and I hope you and Molly adjust before long. Do be careful though, my little friend! Crock pot meals are awesome!! Love and hugs, Darnell

LesleyG said...

goodness me that's a lot to put up with! hope it helps, at least you still have your humour, take care! xxx

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, Brenda, I hope it gets easier to move around with the tubing. And I do hope it helps you!! Thinking of you my friend and sending hugs!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a lovely new look so long as you are able to breathe better with it, my elderly neighbour had oxygen at times and tried to keep his tubing rolled up as short as possible like a vacuum cord and just keep the bottle close as possible... hope you are well, have a great week... Megan

MaryH said...

Oh I laughed and then was not-so cheered, reading this. I hate that your breathing has gotten to needing this. I'm dreading the day when I have to do it myself. Got a friend who has the same setup you described. If it helps you breathe more easily, then you gotta do what you gotta do. For the awkward issues, you'll get adjusted to the tubes, etc and Molly will get used to the new apparatus. Good luck, and hugs too. Loved the picture too. TFS & Hugs (and keep us posted if it tightens up any wrinkles! I need to know that too!LOL)

Bonnie said...

You'll master this. I can sympathize. If I look at a cord, it tangles. Imagine what I could do with oxygen tubes! If it helps it's worth all the hassle!

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, please forgive me for not being around in so long! I hate to hear that you have to have oxygen now, but if you need it then you need it! I can imagine there is a learning curve with the tubing and sleeping. Still better than a sleep apnea mask. But a pita with the tubing I know. I'm just glad you can breath easier now!!! Big hugs my friend, Brenda

Sharyn Polesel said...

You are such a gem. I had to laugh reading about your adventures. You have such a good attitude about everything. So happy that you have gotten the oxygen, and hope you get it figured out before you hurt yourself. lol