Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ok, I am on my way. I worked really hard today going through clothes and stuff. So far I have 13 bags of clothing ready to donate. I haven't gotten to the garage tubs yet or any of the shoes.  If I have time I will go through the summer clothes of mine and get those ready too. I have some plastic bins ready to start loading with my craft stuff so it will be easy to carry out and relocate. I wish we had warmer temps so I could really do cleaning in the garage but it is exremely cold here right now. Now that I have started I'm ready to go through everything and get it done. Anyone wanting to help, please email and I will send you my address!

These little matchbox holders were inspired by the ones that Colleen of  http://onesmileliftsaspirit.blogspot.com/ made. They are holding a small pack of M&M's and are going in the mailboxes with the other candy. The second one has a shiny heart that is hard to photograph. That is washi tape along the bottom.  Be kind to one another.



7 comments:

Lisa said...

These are the sweetest treats, Brenda!! I love the M&M holders!! The washi tape is a fabulous touch!! Good luck sorting through everything...13 bags already is amazing!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharyn Polesel said...

These are so cute! I just made three for my grandsons. Boy, I wish I had your energy. You put me to shame. lol I think it is going to have to get warmer before I get in the mood to clean like that. It sounds like you are making a lot of progress....so you go girl!

Greta said...

Your matchbooks are darling! Wow--you really got to work, Brenda! I'll make you a deal--I come help you & then you come help me! Stay warm--hugs, Greta

Di said...

Love these matchbox holders Brenda! And good grief, you really are whizzing through a load of sorting out. I'd LOVE to come and spend time helping you out - there's just the small matter of being a few thousand miles apart :(

Love and hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

So glad that you are busy organizing & cleaning. But don't overdo, and of course with the cold, you'll have to wait a bit. But good that you are in the mood for this kind of work! Loved both the holders...really loved the shiny heart & purple...quite eye catching. TFS & also for the lovely surprise that arrived today. How very kind you are to think of us. TFS & Hugs

Darnell said...

Great job on those little matchbook Valentine treat holders, Brenda! The kids will love them! And great job, too, continuing to do the purging and planning for the upcoming renovations! You know I would be there in a minute if I could be! But I'm definitely sending hugs (cuz I know some of it is HARD) and I'm cheering you on long-distance! Love and hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

I'm so in awe of you Brenda! Good for your for going through all that clothing!! I have your address and boy would love to come and help you. Just wish you lived closer. lol Seriously, I'm so proud of you. Your little matchbooks are just adorable, I know the grands are just going to love all the goodies in their mailboxes! Hugs, Brenda