Monday, November 2, 2015

Just wanted to pop in and tell you SIL and I went to NH yesterday. I signed all the paperwork and we walked down to his room. The director knocked on his door and he was awake so she and SIL went in. He told the director to get out and leave him alone. SIL asked if she could stay and he said yes. He wanted to know where I was and she said I was sick and couldn't come now. She isn't sure he knew who she was but that he knew he knew her. They said he was very combative and won't settle down. Today they will get him dressed so he can go to PT. If he will. He told SIL he doesn't like all those people coming in his room. Just wants to be left alone to sleep. I will call tonight and see if he got dressed and if he went to PT. If not, he goes to a semi private room. I don't know how he will do with a room mate.

Thank you all again for your love and prayers and support. I am getting used to being here alone however I find myself having a lot of chat with the dog. It seems to be fairly one sided as she is not much of a conversationalist. She does listen though and cocks her head so she is trying. Be kind to one another.

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Brenda, your doing so well. It will take time for hubby to settle in. He is following the same pattern as my Dad did which his NH said was the norm for all new patients coming to terms with the situation. Keep to your resolve and just know that we are right behind you and around you for support. The dog takes in more than what you think so keep talking.virtual hugs to you. Mrs A.

Colleen said...

Nothing wrong with talking to your dog...they are the BEST listeners EVER!! And it helps to get things off your mind. I am so sorry, but I am still sending prayers and asking god to lift you up and fill you up and give you all you need to get through this!! Heart hugs! And thank you for taking the time to update us!

Lisa said...

Dogs are absolutely the best listeners!! Saying lots of prayers for you, Brenda. I hope once he's settled in, things will get better. Thinking of you. Hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Liz said...

Just take a day at a time, Brenda, and I'm sure your hubby will settle in the nursing home a little more each day. Take care. Liz xx

Greta said...

That's what Molly is for & I know she wants you to talk to her. Just look at her face & you know what she'd say if she could! I'm with you in spirit, dear friend. It does take time for both of you to go through such a big transition. I know it will get better. Warm hugs, Greta

Darnell said...

The other girls have said what I feel, my friend. Thank you so much for stopping in to keep us updated. I appreciate that you talk to us like you do to Molly, knowing that we are cocking our heads and listening, too. Thankfully, we can also respond and let you know that you are loved and you are safe in our thoughts and prayers. I'm very thankful that you have an understanding and supportive SIL who can go ahead for you and run interference! Not everyone would be so lucky when it comes to that. God bless you, Brenda, and give you strength. Call again any time. We always find things to laugh about! Love, Darnell

Louise Gatti said...

You and Hubby are in my thoughts....keep looking up!!!

MaryH said...

Brenda, glad to have an update this afternoon, but sad for you, that it's being a tough adjustment period. I'm glad that your SIL was able to have a little visit and hopefully re-assure you of the care. You know you are doing what must be done, even though I'm certain this doesn't make you feel comforted just now. I'm glad you have Molly there to keep you company. Even though your conversations may be one-sided, at least she can cuddle up with you, and that might help some. Prayers & thoughts coming your way for continued strength and that Bill will adjust soon. Big hugs.

Di said...

Hi sweet girl! I'm a little bit laid up right now and am slow in catching up on what's been happening with your hubby and of course with you. I did have a wry smile about your dog (Molly?) not being much of a conversationalist - trust me, she'll be absorbing anything you say though!

Hugs

Di xx