Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My sister in law and I went to the State Fair Monday. The day started out overcast and looking like rain. It did sprinkle a bit on the way over but then cleared up. After a while the sun came out and it got humid. I think this was my last Fair. I had forgotten it is line after line of food trucks and in the buildings are people selling things. No stamps, no ink, no paper. What good is the fair?! Seriously, we do look at the quilts and all the booths and have lunch. It is a lot of walking and I don't do well walking long distances in the humidity.

Yesterday I got a bone density test. My doctor wanted me to get it since I threw my back out. It's been a long time since I had one and it's good to know it you're okay. Or not. Should get the results soon. I think it was more muscles involved from picking up hubby's feet to get him dressed when I had the back trouble. Anti inflammatory meds made it better. I'll tell you, can't breathe, can't bend over - what next. Aging is a beast.

I got up this morning to a completely flooded kitchen. Two inches of water all the way out to the fridge, about three feet. Under the sink cabinet was several inches of water. Hubby left the water at a quick drip and the faucet pushed all the way over the back of the sink. The water just ran into the cabinet and out on the floor. He must have done it early in the night. I always check it before I go to bed and it was off. It took 11 huge thick bath towels to soak it up. The towel on the right is soaking it up. The ones on the left are the ones I just put down. They will look like the one on the right in a minute!  The floor has been dried already. All the undercabinet stuff had to be dried and is sitting on the counter until the cabinet dries out. This is the second time. I am going to check at Lowe's and see if there is a faucet that has an automatic shut off. I don't want to do this again. Anyway, that's what I've been doing instead of making cards. I did do another smoosh that Bonnie http://bon2stamp.blogspot.com/ linked to. It uses a block to smoosh with. I'll post that next time. Today I am having lunch again with Sharyn http://mycraftyplace281.blogspot.com/. This time we'll try to get a picture! Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Oh my, Brenda! not an easy "flood" to clean up; thankful for bath towels to absorb the water.

I hope your bone density scan results are in the normal range.

And, hope you get some craft time to enjoy this week.

Hugs
Vickie

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh dear Brenda how sad I am for you, I wondered if you took the plug away to bed with you then the sink couldn't fill if to overflowing if hubby left it on??

Or maybe you have different systems over there, our bathroom and laundry have overflow drains so that can't happen but our kitchen doesn't... However if plug is out it won't overflow.
Praying for you, in this problem and things generally, enjoy your lunch dear friend, and wish it was this Sharon :) not that don't want you to see Sharyn too :)
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Colleen said...

Oh, what a mess, I am so sorry. I hope you can find a solution to that night time issue with running water in the middle of the night! Prayers for you as always!

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, what a mess. I hope you are able to find a faucet with an auto shut-off. And I hope all is well with the bone density scan. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue - said...

Oh dear Brenda that's definitely something you want to deal with! I totally agree with you about the ageing process - it sucks! My back plays up quite often too and it definitely is at the moment!

Liz said...

Oh Gosh, Brenda! Hope everything dries out soon!

Hope you get good results for your tests. xx

Greta said...

I'd like to go to our fair again, but we never seem to get there. I do enjoy the quilts & when I had a LSS they always encouraged us to enter the papercrafts, but I never got around to it. The humidity would do me in back there! So sorry about the mess, but sounds like no permanent damage, so that's good. Think I'm about due for another Bone Density, but my first one was so good I'm not worried--the only "young" thing about me--LOL Looking forward to seeing that card & hope you have a lovely time with Sharyn.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh my....reminds me of the kitchen ceiling leaks and all the buckets and towels I had to put on the floor to catch the water. Hope you get the problem remedied soon, cause waking up to a flooded kitchen is not fun.

Hope you get some time to make cards. And I would have to agree, old age is not fun....to many things go wrong.

Mrs A. said...

Sorry to hear of your water mess. No fun mopping up. Taking the plug away at night does seem a good solution but you might not have that option available. Hope your results come back good. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Oh I can just imagine how you felt to get up to this mess. Poor Bill...he didn't intentionally do it, which I hope helps a bit, NOW that you have gotten the mess all cleaned up. Oversaturation is never a lot of fun to have to clean up. I did it with our washing machine - TWO times! And it leaked through to the basement ceiling. Mr. was not too happy with me either time. So it does happen to all of us. I don't miss going to fairs at all. Ours never had crafty stuff anyway. I get a bone density every 2 yrs, since I'm at risk for osteo...a good maintenance health check, as you can get medications to help keep the osteo from ruining your life. Always good to get a baseline too. And yes, aging is not fun, but sure beats the alternative!!! Big hugs. (and a big hey to Sharon. Only fair to look at quilts with her, ya know!)