Saturday, August 15, 2015

I had a bit of a setback this week with my ladies. No one came on Wed. They called and said she was sick and no one else could come. This lady was filling in for our regular lady on Wed. That kind of threw my plans off so I'm behind this week. I was going to just go in my craft room and work instead of going out. They encourage you to go somewhere and get out for a while. She said even if you go sit at McDonalds and read a book in the parking lot! I'm not one to shop so to me just getting to craft without being interrupted would be heaven. The lady that came last Friday is from India and she was so interesting to talk to. The one that came this Friday was born in Russia and she will most likely be our regular Fri. gal. I really liked her too.  Anyway I did start a card one day and finished it later on. I made a mask over the bird and added a light blue wash for sky but the top feathers got a little wet and faded. I didn't know how to fix that so it will have to do. This is for our regular Mon, Wed. gal, Faye. I wanted her to  know we missed her. I love these crazy birds and the looks on their faces. This one is my favorite. Today I'm having lunch with my SU demo and another gal we stamp with and I'm really looking forward to it. Be kind to one another.

I should add that the sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set, just so there is no confusion.

14 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just wonderful Brenda, love the colours, clever gal!!!
I must admit Tim must be really happy these crazy birds are taking crafty stampers by storm, seeing them everywhere...
TH must be doing ok $ wise, eh? :)

Glad you have nice folks to call in, praying the Lords blessing upon you and your darling hubby.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Mrs A. said...

Your birdie is super. I love the expressions these crazy birds have. So glad your ladies are Turning out to be good friends for you not only to be able to talk but know that hubby is in good hands whilst you are out. Hugs Mrs A.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Cute birdie...I shall have to check out Tim's stamps next time I am out and about. Glad you are having time for yourself, plus you have good help and they can be missed when not there. I said that to my eye doctor....I have one more visit with him and then no more till January....I told him I will miss him....he is one of my favorite Doctors.

Lisa said...

This is so cute!! I love the adorable birdie!! You colored it beautifully!! I'm glad you are able to find time for yourself in your craft room. I'm also glad you like the women who are helping out!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

I know she is going to love this, Brenda--such a fun card! For a lot of people, getting out of the house is really helpful but for us papercrafters just being free to create is way better, huh?!

MaryH said...

CB is so goofy & cute and how kind of you to make this for your helper to let her know she was missed. Good job on the masking and watercolor sky. The bleed at his curly hair is just creative license...you really meant it that way, right? And it just looks dandy too! Happy weekend. TFS & Hugs

Di said...

LOVE your crazy birdie Brenda! A real little character as they all are and so beautifully coloured and made into a sweet card (nice sentiment as well)!

It seems like you're getting along really well with your 'ladies' - there are bound to be little blips along the way when maybe they can't cover - hopefully not impacting on any firm plans you have to be out and about though, I can always send Parsnip over to do a stint?!

Hugs

Di xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

That is such a cute card and your birdie is adorable! I'm sure she will love it! Looking forward to our lunch date next week. Hope your weekend is going well.

Vickie Y said...

Your bird is colored beautifully! Love the colors you used and the sentiment is lovely. Adorable card, Brenda. Glad that you got to spend some time in your craft room. Hugs, Vickie

alexandra s.m. said...

Awww...it makes smile big time!
What a beautiful card Brenda!!

Darnell said...

The top feathers look just fine, Brenda! The whole card is colored beautifully and I love that sediment with this bird! Faye will get a kick out of it and appreciate that you are missing her. I hope they get your Friday gal straightened out soon. At least you are meeting some interesting diverse ladies! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Forgot to say--I just inked the IO collage leaf with my Versamark pad--no problem with the points. Hope you're having a good day & not too stormy. We're predicted to hit triple digits today--wish I could send some of it your way!

Bonnie said...

This crazy bird looks wonderful to me! You've done a great job of watercoloring him! Hope things are going smoother this week.

Cathy said...

Love this little birdie Brenda, I don't have this set (yet!!). I love this little guy's expression, Cathy x