Thursday, September 11, 2014

Oh my gosh have we had thunderstorms, winds and rain. Seems like every other day we are under some kind of warning. It's either storms, tornadoes, flooding or fog. Soon it will be snow.  Do you know that for several weeks already some of our stores have Christmas trees decorated and all their Christmas stuff in the stores. What? This was in August. Let's get through Labor Day, Halloween and Thanksgiving first. I must be getting old and crotchety. I just don't approve of that. I'm looking forward to Saturday when the family comes to celebrate the first three birthdays. Our oldest son, his wife and their oldest son. Hubby enjoys the family gatherings so much and loves to see the grandkids. We did get to go to youngest grandson's baseball game last Sunday. It was a perfect day. Cool with a nice breeze.

So many health issues out there now. I worry about the flu that is going around that is particularly bad for children with asthma. Our oldest granddaughter has asthma. There has only been one case that we know of so far in Indiana. She has been hospitalized twice for her asthma so that is a concern. Also going around is the concern about the flu shots now having some kind of toxin called thimerosal. It is in the single dose and is a neurotoxin with mercury. Not good for us. I also feel for all the countries affected by Ebola. Now that's a bad thing.

Today's card is for my daughter in law's birthday. I love the softness that vellum gives. I hope she likes it. Be kind to one another.


8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

That's really pretty. Hope you enjoy the family gathering and seeing your grandkids. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

Such a pretty card. Enjoy your family at the weekend!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, I love vellum too. Have a happy time with your family, Cathy x

Darnell said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! I do love the softness of the vellum and your coloring for this. The e/f is perfect!! I hope your weather calms down and it's not a hint of winter to come. Cripes, you had a bad enough winter last year to last you for a very long time. I pray that your granddaughter avoids the terrible respiratory illness that is hitting in the midwest! And you and your DH, too! Have a blast at the family birthday celebration this weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Beautifully feminine--I know she'll love it, Brenda! Vellum is one of my favorites, too! Hope your weather improves--we're fortunate tornados are not an issue here.

Colleen said...

Brenda, your DIL card is gorgeous, wonderful job coloring. I pray that you all will be able to get through this season with OUT any health issues from the normal seasonal bugs. Happy family gathering! We are having a gathering this Sunday also...for a cousins PA graduation from U of W.!

Brenda said...

I hate to hear that you have been having a lot of bad weather Brenda. I sure hope there are no tornadoes in your area and that you are all safe and sound. I'm glad that you and hubby are spending time with the grands and going to ballgames. I agree with you on the Christmas stuff. So you aren't old and crotchety!!! If so I am too. lol I too worry about the flu's and other things that are going around. It's getting scary anymore. I don't blame you for worry about your granddaughter who have asthma, there is so much out there that can effect her breathing. Now onto your lovely card, I just love it. The vellum really does give a softness to the card. Love the embossing and love the coloring, your DIL will cherish this card for sure. Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

Hope none of the storms causes any problems at your house. I can just bet that it's scary times though. I did see where some of our far western states got some snow already. Brrrr.. Glad to hear that your family is there with you to celebrate this weekend, and know it will be a happy time for all of you. Hugs to your grand with asthma too. Flu can be so difficult for anyone of us, but especially those with compromised immune systems. I pray she will get safely through the flu season. The shots are not yet available in our area as yet. Your floral vellum card is lovely. I'm really liking the soft blue, that embossed white elegant background, and the vellum added such softness to the image. Your DIL will love this one. Big Hugs & thanks for my happy mail. You're a sweetie. TFS