Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My cataract surgery is scheduled and my eyes have been measured. The first one is Oct. 13 and the second is Oct. 27th. I got to see a video at the doctors yesterday of how they do the surgery. It is amazing how they can just replace something in your eye and so quickly.  Today's card is inspired by cards I've seen on Pinterest. You make a stencil or use one to sponge inside, then stamp while you still have the stencil on. It's easy and I love the look of it. Simple but sweet. Be kind to one another.


8 comments:

Liz said...

What a clever way of using a stencil! Lovely card. Good luck with your surgery next month. xx

Sue - said...

That technique has made a beautiful card. Good luck with your eye surgery. I don't think I would have wanted go watch what they were going to do!

Mrs A. said...

That's beautiful Brenda. Good luck with your surgery. Hope everything goes to plan. Hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, great idea. Prayers for you on your surgery....you just may see better. That would be a good thing.
Louise

Brenda said...

What a beautiful CAS card Brenda! I love the idea of stamping through the stencil with another stamp. Looks so pretty and interesting. I pray that your surgery goes well on your eyes Brenda. I know it is amazing anymore at all the things they can do and do fast. I only image it will get better and better with technology. Hugs, Brenda

Colleen said...

Beautiful fall leaf card...love the stenciling and the little wheat (?) in the corner! Good luck with your eye surgery, Brenda. will pray all goes well for you!

MaryH said...

Yay for that surgery schedule. It will be over & behind you soon, and it's great you got to see a video of what will be done. I am loving this gorgeous card. Will be trying this technique, you can bet on it. Love your leaf image and then the tiny image hiding among those rich fall colors. Terrific look. TFS & Hugs

Greta said...

Wowzer! This is one stunningly beautiful card, Brenda! Gonna have to try that technique--thanks for the inspiration! I'm sure you'll be pleased with the improvements you get from the surgeries.