Saturday, August 15, 2026

Thank you

I want to thank you all for checking on me. My family and I are safe but our state is flooding in so many places as the rain continues. This is our sixth straight day of rain, storms and flooding. The damage is so wide spread and people have lost so much. The coverage on TV keeps people informed but heartbreaking to see. Please pray for Indiana. My prayers reach out across the world now with all the flooding, fires, earthquakes, tornados, and hurricanes. Not to mention places without water.  Mother Nature is so angry. 

This is a quick card I made a while ago just as a reminder to take time to be happy. 

I may look fine but inside I don't remember any of my passwords.




Be kind to one another.




7 comments:

LesleyG said...

What a great card, and something we should all do more often. Mother Nature is indeed very angry and I just hope mankind will heed the warnings, although I fear not 😢. As much as we need rain, what you’re seeing sounds awful. Thinking of you, and all people suffering, take care xxx

Darnell said...

I'm so relieved that you and Daisy are fine, Brenda. It really is heartbreaking to see the flooding in Indiana and many other states earlier, as well as all the devastation in the rest of the world with so many suffering. Thank you for posting this adorable "detective" card to remind us to stop and be happy - life can change in an instant. Love you, Darnell

Loll said...

I'm happy to hear you and your family are safe, Brenda. There is devastation all over the world right now. Love your adorable card that reminds us to just be happy. We could all use that reminder, especially now. xx

Maria said...

I was happy to hear that all is ok with you and family regarding the flooding. Prayers continue to all those affected with all the weather related disasters. Your card is super cute! Love the detective with the darling dog! Great message to take time and be happy! Take care and have a great week, hugs!!

Trina P. said...

Glad you're ok. Fun image. Fab sentiment!!

Liz said...

What a fun card Brenda, I love the sentiment. I didn't realise that you are having so much rain in your state. So pleased to hear that you and your family are safe. We have the opposite in the UK, no rain for weeks resulting in wildfires breaking our in lots of parts of the country.
Liz xx

Greta said...

Darling card and such a good reminder! Not that easy, but certainly healthy! I've been horrified by the pictures of flooding in Indiana while no rain and wildfires are the issue out here. Heartbreaking for so many people and definitely makes me thankful to not have these problems.