Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thank you my friends

I've been neglectful of my blog lately and also pretty much everything. Thank you to the friends who reached out to check on me. I have been having a hard time getting my breath in the last few weeks. I don't use my oxygen during the day unless I go out but I have been using it in the house to help get over this. We have had some hot days and that doesn't help because it makes the air so heavy. Also, we've had that smoke from Canadian wildfires. So much destruction for them that I hate to complain. Anyway, I'm coughing a lot and that wears me out. So, I've had very little energy and by the time I get a meal made, take out Daisy, do laundry and clean up a bit I'm done for the day. I've also been taking a nap and that helps get through the day. I guess I'm starting to feel my age. I feel like this will get better and hearing from friends definitely got me off my keister to do something and let you know what's going on. On top of that, I'm having some issues with both my shoulders and that's kept me off the computer. I've been doing exercises for them and they feel better. 

I love you all and treasure all the friendships I've made in blogland. I'll be back around to say hi and check out all the stunning cards you make.

I hope I never lose my sense of humor when my body goes, so here's another one for you.

Two satellite dishes got married. The ceremony wasn't that great but the reception was amazing.

Be kind to one another.




15 comments:

Loll said...

I hope that things change for you soon, Brenda. It's upsetting when you have no energy. Sending you hugs and healing vibes, my sweet friend. Love you, Lolly

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well lately, but thanks for letting us know. I've had sinus issues ever since this smoke drifted into the US from Canada and the sneezing and runny nose drives me crazy some times. I'm glad to hear you're trying to get back into a routine with exercising and keeping yourself busy and I send prayers and hugs your way for a better tomorrow! Never lose your sense of humor either because it keeps you going for sure! I'm glad the reception went well LOL

Liz said...

So sorry to read that you’ve been so unwell, Brenda. Hope you’ll soon feel much better. Take care and always keep your sense of humour.
Liz xx

Maria said...

Good to hear from you, Brenda! Sorry to hear that this weather and the Canadian fires are making it difficult to breathe for you. The fires are giving me sinus issues. I hope the weather gets better for many reasons. Keep your jokes coming for they bring a good laugh!:). Take good care, hugs!!

jimlynn said...

So sorry to hear you've been a little under the weather like that. Ugh! I know it's not fun - or easy either. Hang in there and sending you healing hugs.
Lynn

Christine Alexander said...

Take things easy, this has been one of our worst fire season in years.
Hugs Christine xx

LesleyG said...

Sorry you have been struggling so much, the heat and smoke must be awful for your condition. I wish you well, and thanks for making me smile again xxx

Viv said...

Sorry to hear you have been having such a grot time Brenda, rest up and I hope you feel better very soon. x

Donna W. said...

So sorry to hear you have not been well. That smoke has been awful. Maybe after last night's storm it will be a little better. Take care of yourself and feel better soon. The "golden ages" are not so great. I have found the only ones getting my gold are the medical profession.

Lisa Petrella said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, Brenda. My parents live in Pittsburgh and they said the air quality has been terrible. They're not going outside unless absolutely necessary. Please continue to take care. Sending you lots of positive energy and hoping you feel better soon!

HilaryJane said...

So sorry to hear that you have been poorly. I hope you feel better soon. the air quality issue is a real problem at the moment. I am sorry to hear that it is affecting you so badly. Just take care of yourself and do what you can xx

Trina P. said...

I can relate… sending lots of hugs and healthy oxygen your way. Take care. 💕

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
oh I am so sorry to hear you have not been well.
Just thought you were having a break or on holiday.
Such a lot to do when one is on their own and feeling poorly it can all catch up on you.
I do so hope you will soon be feeling muvh better and A1 very soon.
Love the joke it's a brill one.
Lots of crafty love and gentle hugs. Jenny L. x

Bonnie said...

Cheers to the reception! I'm glad your shoulders are doing a bit better. Hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon. Resting is good and I'm sure Daisy really enjoys naptime. Sending prayers for healing, my friend. XOXO

Mrs A. said...

You crease me up you really do. so sorry to hear that your having breathing problems in the heat. Getting old certainly sucks. Just hope my mind is the last thing that goes. Hugs Mrs A.