Sunday, August 28, 2022

Mom Sayings

I made this card for my oldest son's birthday coming up on the first. I always asked the boys before they left the house in winter if they had  their hat and gloves. Now when he calls me in the winter, he will tell me he has his hat and gloves so I thought this 1999 River City Rubber Works stamp was perfect for him. I didn't want to cover any of the sayings so it is just plain. I did sponge over it with light blue ink I wished now I had embossed it in clear powder to make the words stand out more. It's a large wood mount stamp so I can't restamp. He'll be able to read it I think.

If you wear both a mask and glasses, you may be entitled to condensation.




Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

cotnob said...

A fun card Brenda, a super stamp - I think most of us are guilty of saying all of those things to our children.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna W. said...

Love it. Don't you just have to laugh when your kids start repeating your words to their own children?

Greta said...

Oh that is just too funny! Bet he will love it!

Carol L said...

This is just hilarious and all those words are coming back to haunt me now LOL I can relate to every single line! LOL I hope your son will get a kick out of it as much as I did :)

Linda said...

I think we all can relate to these sayings. Haha. I'm sure your son will love it.

Christine Alexander said...

That stamp is so funny, he'll howl when he receives the card ♥
your joke is pretty funny also (I can relate)

Darnell said...

I don't know if boys think this, but I know girls always tell each other, "I am not EVER going to say those dumb things to my kids!" And then, of course, we do! HAHA! Whoever designed this stamp got 'em all and your son will crack up! Love the joke, too! Hugs, Darnell

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a super card for your son and I am sure it will be appreciated, hats and gloves required last week, we had a small amount of snow. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Bonnie said...

As I read this through condensation, I can't help but giggle. I've said all of these things to my kids and now to my grandkids. They make much more sense to me now! Your son should get a big kick out of this card!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
that is a brilliant stamp and just perfect for a card for a Son or Daughter.
I managed to read it by clicking on the image and enhancing the photo.
I bet he will chuckle at it.
A great joke also that did make me chuckle so.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours.
Jenny L.

Maria said...

Ha ha ha! What a fun card, Brenda! I can hear my Mom now saying those exact sentiments. Brings back memories!:-) Great card!!

Trina P. said...

This is awesome!…so cool and original. Wow, lots of birthdays!