Saturday, May 29, 2021

New baby

I can't believe a week has gone by since I last posted. I haven't been making any cards because it was so pretty outside and I was getting out the lawn furniture and cleaning. Ugh. I think we hit close to 90 one day this past week. I turned on the air on Thursday and Friday (yesterday) it turned cold and windy! What? Today is cold too and the weather said we might have to turn on the heat! Tomorrow is the 500 and it is suppose to be in the 70"s. I can't keep up.

A dear friend of mine recently welcomed a new grandson. That is so exciting and this is the card I sent her. The baby is from La-La Land Crafts colored with Copics. The paper is from my stash made by DCWV.  The sentiment is also La-La Land. 

An exciting weekend here and I'm trying to get everything done so I can watch the race. This year is one of the very few times it hasn't been blacked out here until it's over so this is a treat.








Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Trina P. said...

Aww-dorable. The soft colour palette is perfect for a baby card.

Hope you get to watch the race.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Cute card, but then all your cards are beautiful! Keep an eye out for Jimmy Johnson, he switched from NASCAR to Formula this year and will be racing this weekend. Don't usually watch Indy but this time I will. Jimmy was really good, won 7 Championships in NASCAR. Be fun to see how he does in Indy.

Carol L said...

What a darling little baby card - your friend is going to love it! Our weather has been the same as yours, yesterday I almost put the heat back on but opted for a sweatshirt instead. Enjoy the race today - I'll be binge watching Yellowstone this weekend :)

cotnob said...

A cute card Brenda, so sweet - enjoy the race.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute baby image. I love your sweet card.

Christine Alexander said...

adorable new baby card Brenda :)

Mac Mable said...

Super cute card and hope you enjoyed the race? x.

Maria said...

What an adorable image! A very sweet baby card! I hope you enjoyed the race!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Brenda! A great way to honor a new grandparent! Our weather has been just as crazy. Air conditioning one day, heat the next. I'm going to wear my blanket out putting it on and taking it off!

Loll said...

Sweet card Brenda!! What a lovely card to send your friend. The temps are crazy where you are. Way too hot for me! I like around 70 degrees, otherwise the air conditioner is on! :) Stay cool and enjoy the race! xx

Mrs A. said...

This is such a sweet baby card. Hope you managed to watch the race and who you werechoosing to win did. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
what a very lovely Baby card and isn't that Baby so sweet too.
You have coloured it wonderfully as well.
Love the card and that wonderful stamped sentiment.
Your weather sounds a little like ours hot one min and cold winds the next.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Greta said...

Adorable card I know your friend will treasure! I thought of you as I watched the race, Brenda. My last day in Indy was with my cousin at the track before we went to the airport. Got a little teary, as I always do. Seems crazy they ever black out that event as it's always got plenty of people! Glad you could watch this year & what a finish! I was hoping for Daly or Carpenter, but pretty neat to see Helio win again after being let go!

Darnell said...

And I can't believe it's been over a week since I've commented, Brenda! The time is flying by and the weather just keeps on being karazy. Your baby card is so dang cute! I love that schmoochie face! How sweet of you to make a new grandson card for your friend! Hugs, Darnell