Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Snow Day

Since we had 8.1 inches of snow and it was under 32 degrees it was a card making snow day. I was able to make my card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge. We are to emboss through a stencil for the challenge. I recently got a new stencil called Leaf Trails from Lavinia. I sponged  through it with Peeled Paint DI then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die cut my leafy image from black cardstock from my newly acquired Altenew Canopy die set. I'm so happy to be able to use two new products so quickly rather than putting them in my NBUS box.

I want to thank all my zoomies for information about blogger deleting design honor pages.  I had to ask Darnell what Design Honors were and have this explained to me. I use my blog as a sort of diary and can look back and see when things happened if I don't remember exactly. That's why I put maybe more information on my blog than I should.  I am now afraid to add very many links to people, products and places. If I use a name or place you want more information about, please ask in the comments. I will answer you the same way or by email if you post that.








Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card Brenda, very elegant. I'm not sure what's going on with Blogger, it's deleted some photos in some of my old posts, but hopefully won't deleted anything else. I hope you don't lose anything on your blog. xx

Loll said...

LOVE your new Lavinia stenciled and heat embossed background Brenda. I have a HUGE wish list at the Lavinia store. :) The design is so pretty and works perfectly with your silhouette leaf sprig. Gorgeous card, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda, like Loll my Lavinia wish is growing by the week :) Wonderful inspiration with your stenciled background XX

nancy littrell said...

Clean and Simple perfection, Brenda. I love your heat embossed stenciled leaves and your die cut silhouette leaves with your sweet sentiment. Glad we are friends too:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Great stencil Brenda and it works perfectly for the Stencil Embossing Challenge. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Brenda, a lovely CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Darnell said...

What a great feel this design has, Brenda! I love the depth you achieved with your stencil embossing and the silhouette leaves on top are just perfect. That's a terrific font on the sediment, too! I hope that's it for your snow now, but I think I saw on the news that you may get more. I'm glad you are inside, safe, and warm! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous and I love that stencil you used.

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning CAS card with a wonderful technique and a glorious card Brenda x.

Brenda said...

Snow day here too Brenda, only I have half of what you got. Not done yet though, so may get a bit more. Some sleet as well. Glad you snuggled up in the craft room. Your card is gorgeous! I love the stencil you used, it looks so beautiful embossed on your mat. The silhouette of the leaves is perfect on top of it. Love the sentiment too. Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty stencil, Brenda! I just got my Lavinia order today. Unfortunately I didn't get that stencil. I'll have to wish for it next time! Love it with the heat embossing and the silhouette leaves! I'm glad we're friends too!

Maria said...

A beautiful stencil that you used, Brenda! The black leafy die cut is so pretty, too, for your lovely CAS card! We got more snow today on top of the foot of snow we got Monday. I had to go out into the snow for a bit and went slow. The trip back home was easier with the roads more clear. If I had my wish I’d say, no more snow, lol! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Carol L said...

This is just awesome! I love the depth of color with the stencil and the sharp black die cut on top! Well done!!

Greta said...

Beautiful stencil & love the dark die cut on top of it! Bet it's beautiful with all that snow, but makes it hard to get around. Stay safe, my friend!