Sunday, October 1, 2017

I wish I could say I am feeling wonderful but that is not quite the case. The cough is doing me in and it is not productive anymore. Now I don't know whether to supress the cough or get an expectrant. It is still in my lungs so I will be calling the Dr. tomorrow. It is wearing me out. I cough so hard but can't expell anything even though I am still rattling.

When I'm not coughing I feel okay so I ventured into my craft room. I was reminded that I have frantage by Pam the other day. Another NBUS product.  She used it on some leaves and it looks great.  So I got mine out but there are no instructions so I went to youtube. I used a Stencil Girl sunflower stencil and sponged color through it. Then I used Versamark ink to add sticky to it and sprinkled clear embossing powder over it, then added frantage in golds and the browns for the flower center. Then,  two unfortunate incidents happened. I didn't get quite enough powder all over and some of the gold did not stick. It is still flaking off. I used a SU wood mounted stamp for the sentiment and stamped it so crooked. I restamped it on c/s and inked around the edges and kind of fit it on so I was able to save the card. I will be trying to improve this technique since I love the look of it. Be kind to one another.



10 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! I love the effect with the stencil and frantage, so pretty and delicate and the sentiment is lovely. So sorry to hear you are still not feeling very good, sending hugs and prayers x

Greta said...

So sorry you're still coughing, Brenda. Hope the doctor has an answer for you. Beautiful card--love how you used the stencil & you've made me remember I have some Frantage that I've hardly used!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I think your card is very pretty. I've never heard of Frantage. Guess I need to do some research. Sorry to hear that you are sick. It is miserable when you cough constantly like that. Hope your doctor will give you something to help. I had an allergic reaction to medication last week and have been covered in rash from head to toe....miserable week.

Liz said...

Sorry to hear that you're still coughing, Brenda, hopefully the doctor will be able to sort you out.

Lovely card, I've never heard of Frantage, I'll have to check it out.

Hope you feel much better soon. xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Brenda! (I created a little embossing booth to emboss frantage as it blows EVERYWHERE!! It's just a cornflake cereal box, cut in half then I cut along the top to open it as a flap,
this sits up when using the heat tool. I put a scrap of card in the base too and this catches the stray bits that move around and melt. Start your heat tool away from your project too and hold it up a bit higher until you see the frantage start to melt then it shouldn't fly around too much.)

I hope you are feeling better soon, fingers crossed the doctor can improve things for you, take care, Cathy x

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a pretty card, you are doing well, I don't even know what Frantage is ... hope you are on the mend, bronchitis always seems to hang on longer than other infections... have a wonderful week... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous and that is such a pretty and sparkly design. I am glad you are going to check in with a doctor so you can get to feeling better again. This time of year it is hard to shake a bad cold or bronchial virus.

MaryH said...

Am not liking to learn about this cough. I'm glad to read you are going to call your dr. Believe me I know how this cough stuff can just wear you down, plus you can't get a good night's rest. Hopefully they can give you something to knock it out of you - fast! I LOVE this look. I've been so rubbish every time I tried to use frontage, and I do look at Youtubes, think I'm doing it like the experts do, and it still looks awful. Yours turned out so nicely. Interesting to read all the steps you took, and good save on the crooked sentiment. Sometimes you can just say "I was going for whimsy". The card is gorgeous! Hugs and wishes that you feel better soon too.

Bonnie said...

Love this sunflower, Brenda! I haven't had a lot of luck with Frantage either, but I think yours looks much better than mine! Take care of that cough!

Sue - said...

Love your sparkly sunflower Brenda.