Sunday, August 20, 2017

I watched HSN the other day when they had crafting on. I didn't buy anything crafty but I did buy two shelving units for the garage and they should be here this week. I've got a lot of work to do out there. I'm not looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

Today's card is for my son's birthday and as you can see he is turning 50. I don't have any idea how this is happening! I had a card in my head where I would stamp the Cas-ual Friday stamp of 50 diagonally in black on a white panel then add a big 50 of cut out numbers centered over the top of them. When I saw Kristinas card on the 11th, I knew that's what I wanted to do instead.  I love the rainbow lines and just made it simple. I used Distress Oxide ink to stamp the lines, then all around the edges of a white card base.  Nothing like rubbing it in! His age, not the ink. Be kind to one another and be sure and wear your safe glasses on Monday.


7 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very interesting design.....really like the rows of 50 and the fun rainbow colors. I love the font on your Happy Birthday too. Kristina is a good one to get inspiration from. I bet your son will love this. Sounds like you are staying busy. I'm plugging along, still having pain with my back. Our big project is getting all of our ducks in a row before we push that button on retiring. It's getting close. Hugs! Hope to see you soon.

Greta said...

Oh what a wonderful card, Brenda! I thought turning 50 was great--felt good & everyone was surprised I was that old--maybe I'll go back--haha! Very disappointed neither of us won the last Poppystamps Blitz--next time! You should be here in the totality zone to watch the eclipse--we'll be sitting on our deck totally avoiding all the crowds! Fortunately, our neighbor gave us glasses, so we're set! Hugs, Greta

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Brenda!! I love the colors and design!! It looks so gorgeous!! Happy birthday to your son!! I hope Molly is doing great!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

pam said...

Fantastic card design Brenda! great idea.
Pam x

Liz said...

Very clever design, Brenda. Super card for your son. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great design for a milestone birthday!

Darnell said...

You know, Brenda, here's the deal. When you are from a culture that adopts your future children for you before you are even born, that's how you end up with children who are older than you are! (Good, huh? It took me ages to figure that out!) I love how you ended up designing your son's BIG birthday card! Well done with stamping all those 50s without biffing it!!! Love the rainbow edging, too!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo